Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official WindSeeker Topic
09-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Re: Official WindSeeker Topic
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theamusementwire.com/sept12011001.php?nosessionkill=1">http://www.theamusementwire.com/sept120 ... sionkill=1</a><!-- m -->

[Image: rl_108144.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Re: KD 2012 WINDSEEKER?!?!?!
alex4hokies Wrote:
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:One more thing:I don't think they're gonna put it on the exact footprint of ED but rather a little more closer to the main path as the area where ED stands could be used for the queue switchbacks...that is unless the queue will just wrap around the tower like on DT or wave swinger.

I also think that it won't be tucked back into the corner where El Dorado is. I feel like it will be further out in the midway as you said. The plot where El Dorado is could be used for queue. I do however think that it will be a wrap-around queue like Drop Tower because all the other Windseekers have that type of queue. I hope ours gets a really cool light up sign like CP and KI's.

I think it will & the lighting package will look great over there with the neon of JBD as well as the nearby lighting of americana,which is sort of mesmorizing in it's own way. :mrgreen:
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm excited for this! :-) I admit, I was on the fence about renewing my season pass, but now I'm sure I will.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Question about the statistics. I have always wanted to no this about all of the windseekers, but when they say 301 tall do they mean the bottom of the seats were you sit is 301 feet, or is the tower itself 301 feet. kinda confuses me.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
09-01-2011, 09:03 PM
^ The tower. It is kind of like Drop Tower, it is 305' tall, but it's drop is 272'. If I remember correctly I think I heard that the WindSeeker's actual seats go up to 270', but I'm not positive... Anyways, you will be at about the same height as you are when on Drop Tower or the Eiffel Tower observation decks.
09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Oh cool!

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm too scared for Drop Tower, and Flying Ace/Flying Eagles make me want to hurl !! No windseeker for me! But I'm sure it'll look awesome Big Grin

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I wonder if there is a strategy here to get people on the 300' rides by doing something between the Eiffel and Drop/305. Most will venture up the Eiffel but I've never found it to make me less scared to ride something that tall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Looks awesome! :mrgreen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM0q9u6DJI4[/youtube]
09-03-2011, 03:36 PM
The elevator up and down Eiffle scares me.
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
bill_s Wrote:I wonder if there is a strategy here to get people on the 300' rides by doing something between the Eiffel and Drop/305. Most will venture up the Eiffel but I've never found it to make me less scared to ride something that tall.

Going up the eiffel tower scared me even more before i rode Drop Tower or i305 because it made me think "oh crap....this is really tall"

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-04-2011, 08:00 AM
So you think WindSeeker will be visible from I-95?

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
More than likely but only at certain parts. so who thinks clint novak will be doing contruction updates for us since he can easily get into the park in the winter season as we all know.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
09-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Probably! Smile

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
09-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Is it going to be open at the start of next season?