Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official WindSeeker Topic
09-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Re: Official WindSeeker Topic
HAHA!! :lol:

Drop Tower is the best ride at Kings Dominion!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I just realized something about the Wind seekers that are being added this year. I know the 5 million price tag for the others was before the hydrolic dampers were added but I know they don't cost 1.5 million dollars to add to one ride. Kings Dominion and Carowinds price tag is 6.5 million dollars. What could be different other than the hydrolic dampers? for these rides seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WindSeeker

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
09-14-2011, 10:31 PM
I've also wondered this. I'm just wondering since they "tweaked" them quite a bit (delaying the openings over a month) if what they added increased the cost. Also, I don't believe the on-board audio was planned when the others were announced, that was come up with at a later time. Finally, I believe Carowinds area is getting re-landscaped with benches, brick pavers, ect. around it so our former XLC plaza might be getting some work to it as well and they included that cost in the project total.
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I don't think windseeker is going on ED's footprint but rather over by where HSXLC's vertical tower was with the entrance to DA being over by ED instead as they need room for the queue & exit.
09-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I had an interesting dream last night. They took the Flying Ace and re-named it "Mini Windseeker". Then, they took out the Slime Bowl (I still call it that, I refuse to call it anything else!) and put the Windseeker in its place.

Seems like an interesting idea.

Action Theater... it's so actiony!
09-17-2011, 08:55 PM
A 301' tower next to the Eiffel Tower would be awful!
09-18-2011, 06:07 AM
That's what I was thinking........it would look way too crowded and smushed.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
10-06-2011, 04:36 PM
WindSeeker's spot has been confirmed... where El Dorado was.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
^ Wasn't it always supposed to go there?
10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't think it was confirmed.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I really hope Windseeker will be on time and open on time with the park! All the problems that other parks had with this ride I really hope KD learns from this and starts early and gets it done

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
since they now have plenty of experience building this ride, I hope we see no problems and it opens on time. I don't think they ever said it would be open in the beginning of the season. I expect it to open in May.
11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:since they now have plenty of experience building this ride, I hope we see no problems and it opens on time. I don't think they ever said it would be open in the beginning of the season. I expect it to open in May.
As they say practice makes perfect. That's if they send the same crew that did one at Cedar Point.
11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
I am sure they are using a local construction company. what I meant is they have learned exactly how long it takes to build and test, and they have worked out the problems that slowed things down last year.
11-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I still feel like this ride wont open on time or even be ready for opening day, lets hope they show me that i'm wrong ha

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator