Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Dinosaurs Alive
09-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Official Dinosaurs Alive
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingsdominion.com/rides-attractions/ride-detail.cfm/ride_alias/Dinosaurs-Alive/ride_category/Family-Rides">http://www.kingsdominion.com/rides-attr ... mily-Rides</a><!-- m -->

Even though I'm one of a few people excited about this, I'm going to open up a discussion about it.

It's going to be by Grizzly, which is probably the best location in the park due to the forest being there. It's going to have 36 dinos, based on the list it's going to be a good selection.

They did say upcharge, but not how much exactly. I heard $5 for other parks, which isn't really that much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Re: Dinosaurs Alive 2012 topic.
One thing I did notice about the Dinosaurs Alive! attraction is that It doesn't mention anything about the 3-D movie... I know CP won't be getting one, and I just can't imagine many people paying $4 for a cheesy 3-D film (or $2 if you do the combo ticket). Maybe they weren't selling many 3-D movie tickets at KI? Also, it really wouldn't fit in like the one at KI does (Since their DA attraction is beside their Action Theater) since our Action Theater is on the other side of Old Virginia from where DA will be located. I'm fine with it (the movie) not coming to KD...

Atleast all 3 of our upcharge attractions (SkyFlyer, Thunder Raceway, & Dinosaurs Alive!) will be located right next to each other and not scattered around the park like most parks do.

Also, maybe this will finally give KD a reason to make Grizzly not mammoth (the same size as 305) on the park map. They will have to fit it in there in between WWC and Grizzly.
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I cant say Im jumping for joy about this, but at least we're getting Windseeker too. If we were just getting Dinosaurs Alive! then I would be disappointed.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Dinosaurs Alive! is a multi-sensory and interactive dinosaur park that brings inspiration, science and technology together at Kings Dominion. Guests also hear the sounds and see the movements of 36 full-size creations made to replicate nearly every feature of the dinosaurs.

Entrance
Near Grizzly roller coaster

Attraction area
6-Acres

Distance of walking path
3000 feet

Number of Dinosaurs

Interactive Dinosaurs

Types of Dinosaurs
Huayangosaurus Deinonychus Triceratops
Mamenchiasaurus Tenontosaurus Tyrannosaurus Rex
Ruyangosaurus Giganteous Hererasaurus Amargasaurus
Parasaurolophus Carnotosaurus Monoclonius
Ouranosaurus Baryonyx Dyoplosaurus
Olorosaurus Irritator Pachycepholsaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus Spinosaurus Albertosaurus
Kosmoceratops Allosaurus Yangchuanosaurus
Mojoceratops Stegosaurus Chasmosaurus

Scenes
Pack Attack Predator Ridge
Fish Eaters Frills, Clubs, Platees
Predataor Trap Flash Flood
Kids Paleontological Dig Site

Dinosaurs Alive! is a pay-per-experience attraction and is not included with general admission or a season pass to Kings Dominion.

Manufacturer
Dinosaurs Unearthed
British Columbia, Canada

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Well... my son will like it. I'm sure we'll check it out.

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
09-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Where the heck are they putting this?

I Have No Homeboy.
09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Where the heck are they putting this?

Entrance:
:mrgreen:

09-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Josh Wrote:

Entrance:
Back Left? Back right? Old Hypersonic Location? In front of Grizzly? Front Right? Front Left? Somewhere in the middle? Obviously I read the post that said "Old Virginia, near Grizzly Rollercoaster" :roll:

I Have No Homeboy.
09-01-2011, 06:22 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
Josh Wrote:

Entrance:
Back Left? Back right? Old Hypersonic Location? In front of Grizzly? Front Right? Front Left? Somewhere in the middle? Obviously I read the post that said "Old Virginia, near Grizzly Rollercoaster" :roll:
Oh well, I tried. :lol:

09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Considering it says 6 acres will be used and the path will be 3000' long I'd say that it is going to take up most of the woods between Grizzly/WWC/maitenance road. For comparison, Intimidator 305 takes up 5 acres.

I'm also wondering if for the gift shop/ticket stand if they will remodel the Grizzly Arcade and use that since it is right there on the midway in a good convincing location... and I hardly ever see people playing games in there. Also, I saw on FB (take it for a grain of salt) that Thunder Raceway is being removed for this? I always see people paying to drive the go-karts so it has the be a money maker, they could easily make the entrance to DA go around it.

Anyways, I made these for you all to understand the potential amount of land that this thing is going to take up.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  GoogleMapsDA.jpg (Size: 58.07 KB / Downloads: 227)
.jpg  305land.jpg (Size: 59.35 KB / Downloads: 227)
09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
^ Thanks for the pics!

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
If we do get a new coaster behind Grizzly, it will give us a nice view of DA.

09-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Wait.......does this mean were gonna see dinosaurs on White Water Canyon?

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-01-2011, 07:34 PM
^ More than likely not considering when you are on WWC you are at/below ground level, then add in the trees, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to.
09-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Josh Wrote:If we do get a new coaster behind Grizzly, it will give us a nice view of DA.

Looking at the potential footprint in that photo I think we can say no coaster in between Grizz & WWC(so much for a B&M invert going back there in the future Sad ) but I'm more worried about history repeating itself at KI when a dino decided to go up in flames...I don't want that happening anywhere near my beloved Grizzly,hurler on the otherhand would make for suitable firewood for the dino's to "burn up" :lol: !!!