Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Dinosaurs Alive
09-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Re: Dinosaurs Alive 2012 topic.
^ I would rather see the B&M invert go where Hurler is. It would be on the opposite side of the park from the other invert (Volcano) and B&M (Dominator). Plus, I wouldn't want all those trees cleared out of Old Virginia for an invert... If they plowed Hurler and put it there they could make a nice compact forceful B&M invert.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the illustration Alex!

I Have No Homeboy.
09-03-2011, 07:31 AM
my 11 year old is pretty excited about Dinosaurs Alive. We will check it out when it opens. I still don't get it, but may understand it a little more now that I saw the excitement in my son's eyes.
09-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I will definately check this out once - maybe twice.

I Have No Homeboy.
09-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Dinosaurs alive will actually not utilise the access road. That road is used and much needed for access to both the go karts and the KD Theatre... The Dinosaurs alive attraction will enter around the exit of Grizzly and travel up into the woods adjacent to Grizzley and not go behind the theatre...

Attached File(s)
.jpg  GoogleMapsDA.jpg (Size: 59.51 KB / Downloads: 116)

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2011, 10:46 AM
^ I was just outlining all the land they have to use for the attraction. I'm sorry, I didn't intend on anyone thinking that I thought that was the path I thought they would use. That definitely couldn't even work because on the KD website it says the path will only be about 3000' long. Ours will be a smaller version of KI's as ours has 36 dinos (theirs has near 60), ours will be 3000' long (theirs is close to a mile I believe), and our will take up 6 acres (theirs takes up 12.5). I'm glad we are getting a smaller version...
09-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah I wouldnt want DA to take up that much space......I would rather have rides. Smile

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-04-2011, 12:24 PM
I love that it's close to Grizzly, I hope you'll be able to get a good view of the dinos on it.
09-04-2011, 12:33 PM
studiopzp Wrote:I love that it's close to Grizzly, I hope you'll be able to get a good view of the dinos on it.

I am not a fan of its location. I like Old Va because of its outdoorsy nature feel. Seeing dinos on Grizzly kind of ruin that atmosphere for me.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
09-04-2011, 07:42 PM
you may not be able to see the Dinosaurs from Grizzly. Depends how close they are to the ride. My bet is we won't be able to see them.
09-04-2011, 07:51 PM
I hope so........

09-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Christian Wrote:
studiopzp Wrote:I love that it's close to Grizzly, I hope you'll be able to get a good view of the dinos on it.

I am not a fan of its location. I like Old Va because of its outdoorsy nature feel. Seeing dinos on Grizzly kind of ruin that atmosphere for me.

Seeing glimpses of them through the trees would be kind of outdoorsy wouldn't it? They're not indoors animals.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2011, 08:32 PM
What would be cool, though it's been established that it won't happen, is if they had the dinos closer to the flume. The flume would be a better ride to view them on than Grizzly.
09-05-2011, 06:21 AM
bill_s Wrote:
Christian Wrote:

Seeing glimpses of them through the trees would be kind of outdoorsy wouldn't it? They're not indoors animals.

Old Va's atmosphere is like a Virginia Forest and to my knowldge, there are no dinosaurs in Virginia... Smile

09-05-2011, 08:00 AM
There aren't Grizzly bears either...