Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Dinosaurs Alive
09-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Re: Dinosaurs Alive 2012 topic.
Good point......I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I can certainly understand that Grizzly is unique in it's position at the park. Looking at the position of DA, it looks like the dinos would have to be pretty close considering the vegetation of that area. Even still, you would only be able to see dinos at the bottom of the first hill.
09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
studiopzp Wrote:What would be cool, though it's been established that it won't happen, is if they had the dinos closer to the flume. The flume would be a better ride to view them on than Grizzly.

definitely agree on that.... the flume is so ugly... a few dino sightings might be neat

2012:
Visits: 0 ;o(
09-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm wondering if the entrance might be between Thunder Raceway and the theater. You can get to a similar area from between the raceway and Grizzly but it's a longer walk. There is some space where Hypersonic was but there are 2 buildings.

That would put sights of dinos most likely from WWC. The flume is a long way away.

As to these attractions being "predictable", neither DA or Windseeker are at the price level of rides that attract people from far away. The mass majority don't attend multiple CF parks anyway.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I just find it funny when people get soo angry with amusement parks. I mean kings dominion really has made a point to cater to all types of guests. They have a massive kids package, and PLENTY of thrills for those who are thrill seekers. Heck we have one of the biggest coasters ever. I think Kings Dominion has been such a success in providing what guests want But that isnt enough its seems. I happen to like the idea of dinosaurs alive, because it not only will provide a educational function but also kids will enjoy it too. Dinosaurs at an amusement park might be weird but those who dont support it just dont go and let those who do support it enjoy it. We are getting a ride too that no only provide a thrill but also families can enjoy it. Look at the paramount era an attraction was added like every three years. Cedar Fair has given us something new every year even was just a show, its still was something new.

I cant wait for dinosaurs alive and windseeker.
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Actually we've gotten something new every year - even with Paramount.
1993 - Days of Thunder added
1994 - Hurler (Wayne’s World) added
1995 - Nickelodeon Splat City added
1996 - Outer Limits Flight of Fear & Extreme Sky Flyer added
1997 - Taxi Jam added
1998 - Volcano: The Blast Coaster added
1999 - Water Park Expansion (Big Wave Bay - Splash House - Lil’ Barefoot Beach)
2000 - Pipeline Peak, Rugrats Toonpike & Nickelodeon Space Surfer added
2001 - Hypersonic XLC added
2002 - Ricochet and Triple Spin added
2003 - Drop Tower added
2004 - Scooby Doo & Haunted Mansion added
2005 - Tomb Raider: Firefall added
2006 - Italian Job Turbo Coaster added

I Have No Homeboy.
09-13-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm not angry with KD........I'm just not really excited for Dinosaurs Alive. I'm still going to KD, I'm just not going to pay money to go to Dinosaurs Alive...

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Christian Wrote:I'm not angry with KD........I'm just not really excited for Dinosaurs Alive. I'm still going to KD, I'm just not going to pay money to go to Dinosaurs Alive...
At the very least KD should offer a discount price for pass holders, but you know how greedy Ceder Fair can be.

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
It is a maximum of 7 dollars, its not going to break the bank. I am pretty excited for it, its something different at KD.

Team Classy #1!
09-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Christian Wrote:I'm not angry with KD........I'm just not really excited for Dinosaurs Alive. I'm still going to KD, I'm just not going to pay money to go to Dinosaurs Alive...

I agree...if anyone wants me just come look for me over at windseekr or I305. :mrgreen:
09-13-2011, 02:47 PM
It's not expensive, which I think is a good thing because you know kids are going to force their parents to take them to DA. I would just rather not use the money for something I dont really care about......I'd rather go to Chick Fil-A Big Grin

09-14-2011, 12:33 AM
I mean , charging is what amusement parks have to do, to keep the dinosaurs up, and pay for the licensing the company the runs DA, DINOSAURS UNEARTHED. I think it is pretty stupid to charge for the 3D movie :!:
09-14-2011, 06:32 AM
^ There is no mention yet that we will have the 3-D movie. I still have my fingers crossed that we won't get it...
09-14-2011, 07:09 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ There is no mention yet that we will have the 3-D movie. I still have my fingers crossed that we won't get it...
That's what I was about to say. I don't think we're getting a movie. Pretty sure they would have mentioned it.

I Have No Homeboy.
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
alex4hokies Wrote:^ There is no mention yet that we will have the 3-D movie. I still have my fingers crossed that we won't get it...
That's what I was about to say. I don't think we're getting a movie. Pretty sure they would have mentioned it.

Yeah I don't think we would get another 3D movie, I don't even know what part of the park they would add a 3D movie anyway

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator