Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Dinosaurs Alive
12-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Re: Official Dinosaurs Alive
I think the dinosaurs will look much bigger on foot (and trust me...there are gonna be some BIG ones!) And I mean, it's a big area - but I just don't think it's big enough to need to be driven around.

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I aren't that excited about the dinos, but I think it's a great move on the parks end. Going to make them lots of money, and will help get schools there, because of the educational content.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
All Dinosaurs are in place (Only took 2 weeks) They have all been tested and are in working order. Now the park takes over for landscaping and touching things up!

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm glad they are getting the Dinosaurs Alive area out of the way so they can focus all their attention on getting the WindSeeker area looking as nice as possible in late Winter/early Spring before the park opens on April 6th.
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
coasterboysfne Wrote:All Dinosaurs are in place (Only took 2 weeks) They have all been tested and are in working order. Now the park takes over for landscaping and touching things up!
2 weeks? That's not long at all! I agree with Alex, it's good to get it out of the way so WindSeeker will look the best they can make it.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
12-21-2011, 01:19 AM
KDFAN Wrote:I aren't that excited about the dinos, but I think it's a great move on the parks end. Going to make them lots of money, and will help get schools there, because of the educational content.
I think it's smart move as well.
Quote:All Dinosaurs are in place (Only took 2 weeks) They have all been tested and are in working order. Now the park takes over for landscaping and touching things up!
That doesn't surprise me at all. What's going to take some time is the landscaping which make the attraction what it is.
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
New WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive Update from KDTV. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfYr0XXJJw&feature=colike[/youtube]

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
01-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Thanks for posting the video from KD's YouTube channel. As we can see they are finished installing the Dinosaurs and all they need to do is the landscaping work, which is the easy part of the job.

WindSeeker is moving a little show and still working on the footers when this video was shot. I wondering when this video was shot?
01-14-2012, 12:08 PM
^ They said "just before the holidays", so it's been about 3 weeks I'd say.
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Windseeker is one of those rides that is just going to go up all of a sudden.

I Have No Homeboy.
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
The structure itself, yes it should. There is not too much to it besides lining it up and bolting it together. Once it is up is when all the mechanical/wiring/ect. comes in which takes quite a while. Hopefully, the crane shows up soon!
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Carowinds has not started to put pieces in and their's is opening a week before ours. We have plenty of time.

Team Classy #1!
01-18-2012, 05:44 PM
michaelcollier1 Wrote:Carowinds has not started to put pieces in and their's is opening a week before ours. We have plenty of time.
are you talking about Dinosaurs Alive or Windseeker? This topic kind of turned into another Windseeker topic.
01-18-2012, 06:48 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:
michaelcollier1 Wrote:Carowinds has not started to put pieces in and their's is opening a week before ours. We have plenty of time.
are you talking about Dinosaurs Alive or Windseeker? This topic kind of turned into another Windseeker topic.

WindSeeker... but yes this is supposed to be about dinosaurs.... RAWRRR!!!!! There, back on topic.

Team Classy #1!
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
From friends I know, they said they weren't too impressed with the attraction, but I think it was a nice addition to the park. I didn't think the walk was going to be as long as it was and I have liked dinosaurs and think the $5 was fair. Most of the dinos worked and I liked how you could 'operate' 2 of them. Some were pretty impressive as far as how big they were. My main disappointment was how some dinos were shrouded in trees and you couldn't really them as clearly.