Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KDFansite Evolving for the Future
09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
KDFansite Evolving for the Future
As a part of our continuing work to continue bringing you the best online website experience, we are working hard on new upgrades to improve your site visit. As a part of this process we are opening up this forum topic to allow users to post their thoughts on what they would to see. So please submit your ideas!

At this time, no changes will be made to the forums or the gallery

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Re: KDFansite Evolving for the Future
In order from least to greatest:

4: New website layout.
3: I know it's a little extreme but maybe something like Instant Messages (like Facebook chat) if you want to talk to people while their online.
2: New groups. More groups like Fantributers and Moderators to help out the site. Maybe even User Defined Groups. The groups you create by yourself are called "User defined groups". You may create as many as you want, remove them, set group leaders, and change their attributes (description, colour, rank, avatar).
1: New Admins/Mods (Just the ones that aren't active members). We are getting new members everyday and I just don't think we have enough active admins to support the site. Possibly a Admin/Moderator Job Fair.

That's all I can think of for now.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
09-16-2011, 10:35 PM
^ About your no.1 - I'm just curious (and this does not mean that I disagree) what issues you see that the admins/mods aren't taking care of or aren't dealing with in a timely manner?

I Have No Homeboy.
09-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm just saying, you and KDFAN are about the only admins who are on a lot. The rest (Eastcoaster - hasn't been online since April 2011, Matthew - hasn't posted since January 2011, and more) aren't active like you and KDFan.

09-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Matthew is our webmaster so he fixes all our technical problems and EastCoaster is retired - more or less.

I Have No Homeboy.
09-16-2011, 11:04 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Matthew is our webmaster so he fixes all our technical problems and EastCoaster is retired - more or less.
Well, you guys are doing a great job but I do think you need another admin. I know a good one, and no, it's not me!

09-17-2011, 03:59 AM
I don't see any reason to change the admins and moderators. Just because there are new people here does not mean they should be "in charge". They protect this site and it should stay as it is. What Josh is proposing is kind of like saying that since we go to KD a lot, we should get put in a position to make decisions about the future of the park. Just like at KD, we can all make recommendations to the mods and admins about this site, but they get to decide what is best.
09-17-2011, 01:39 PM
gooseKDfan Wrote:I don't see any reason to change the admins and moderators. Just because there are new people here does not mean they should be "in charge". They protect this site and it should stay as it is. What Josh is proposing is kind of like saying that since we go to KD a lot, we should get put in a position to make decisions about the future of the park. Just like at KD, we can all make recommendations to the mods and admins about this site, but they get to decide what is best.
I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say. I'm just trying to say the more people we get the harder it's going to be to keep up with the site.

09-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Honestly - while more people are always registering - there are a lot of people who used to post frequently who don't anymore. So there really doesn't seem to be any more people posting now than there was a year or 2 ago.

I Have No Homeboy.
09-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Josh Wrote:I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say. I'm just trying to say the more people we get the harder it's going to be to keep up with the site.
what I am saying is there is nothing wrong with the admins and mods that we have. they do a great job. no change is necessary.
09-18-2011, 09:20 AM
I came up with a new one! Mobile App for KDFanSIte for Android and IPhone!

09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
gooseKDfan Wrote:what I am saying is there is nothing wrong with the admins and mods that we have. they do a great job. no change is necessary.

+1

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2011, 06:07 PM
I think some of the pictures should be changed, the park is changing and new things are coming in. Like on the home page hurler that is past Put something new there. As for the background color also blue, its getting kind of boring. Kings Dominion new website is orange and bright it comes at you makes the site more exciting to look at.There's a few things.

2011 visit and ride count: visits:6 Intimidator 305:8 FOF:6Volcano:5 avalanche:1 backlot:5 Dominator:7 Shockwave:2 Hurler: 2 Grizzly:3 Rebel yell: 1 Andacanda: 2 Drop zone:4 Ricochet: 1 White water :3 Log flume:3 crypt :1
Xtreme skyflyer: 2
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
^ +1.
09-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Coaster Lover Wrote:I think some of the pictures should be changed, the park is changing and new things are coming in. Like on the home page hurler that is past Put something new there. As for the background color also blue, its getting kind of boring. Kings Dominion new website is orange and bright it comes at you makes the site more exciting to look at.There's a few things.
Are you talking about the banners at the top?

I Have No Homeboy.