Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daily News: SUICIDE BY ROLLER COASTER
09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Daily News: SUICIDE BY ROLLER COASTER
SUICIDE BY ROLLER COASTER
Analysis by Amy Enchelmeyer

Want to enjoy the ride of your life along with the last ride of your life? That's what Julijonas Urbonas envisions with his Euthanasia Coaster.

The three-minute ride involves a long, slow, climb -- nearly a third of a mile long -- that lifts one up to a height of more than 1,600 feet, followed by a massive fall and seven strategically sized and placed loops. The final descent and series of loops take all of one minute. But the gravitational force -- 10 Gs -- from the spinning loops at 223 miles per hour in that single minute is lethal.

According to Urbonas, the "Euthanasia Coaster is a hypothetic euthanasia machine in the form of a roller coaster, engineered to humanely -- with elegance and euphoria -- take the life of a human being."

Click http://news.discovery.com/tech/euthanasi...10919.html for full article and pictures of the theoretical "Roller Coaster of Death"

If I could choose how I died, this would probably be the way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Re: Daily News: SUICIDE BY ROLLER COASTER
This would be a horrible way to die!!!To spend the last minute of your life scared to death? What happens when you change your mind halfway up? This is definitely not for me, but have a generally happy life so I don't plan on being euthanised anytime soon...

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Well this would be a consideration for me if I was told I had "2 weeks to live"... Live it large for several days and then take the ride of a lifetime!
09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Maybe E-1,600 could use a trim- brake or two. :mrgreen:

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
If someone were really desperate to kill themselves on a coaster all they would have to do is ride Great Adv.'s(now-gone) Viper twice in a row :twisted: !!!