Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Europe Topic
01-28-2009, 04:55 PM

^I hope no coasters at KD are like that!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM

that is a question for our ask KD toppic. I am not sure about that one but we can ask and find out.
Find all posts by this user
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Clint got me addicted to this song Wake me up by Evanscence ft. Linkin Park. It's in one of his KD videos (on CC) I think it was "Day of independence" or something.
01-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Launch coasters especially can't operate in extreme cold, the LIM's are tricky.
I was talking to a mechanic on the like 35 degree day that I went and Volcano broke down, he said the LIM's had cooled down too much and they had to get the pressure up before it could be a "hot" launch.
Some coasters don't function well in the cold and that's understandable.

[Image: bradsig3qt7.png]
01-28-2009, 06:27 PM

On BLSC in the Congo area if you look under station in the light season you can see they have space heaters there.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
01-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that B&M's cant operate below 35 so that would mean dominator. I cant remember where i read that so i will look it up. I know arrows are 32, GCI's are 35, and Gerstlauer's are 38. I found this out when i went to Smoky mountain coaster fest at dollywood and we waited all day to ride the coasters, so they gave us the temps in the ask the park section.

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM

^That doesn't suprise me, but how often does it get down below those temps in Williamsburg during the day? Up in Doswell its a different story, but at BGE they really shouldn't have too much of a problem with temperatures.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM

Carowinds operated Afterburn well below 30 degrees during Winterfest. Nighthawk couldn't operate during Winterfest because the cold steel makes the trains(on all coasters) run slower until they wheel bearings warm up. Wood coasters(PTC) can't operate below 40 degrees because of moisture in the wood. If the wood is frozen, when the train runs, it could crack the wood, and cause a derailment.

2005-2006:Carowinds Rides
2007:Wet n' Wild Emerald Pointe Sweep
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM

^That wouldn't be good at all...

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
02-04-2009, 09:03 AM

I think its manafacturers specs and what the parks want to do. I know thunderwood was open at Smoky Mountain coaster fest and it never got above 38 there. But i have also heard that they will run Thunderbird at Powerland in the snow, so i think it also has something to do with the regulatory climate, and the parks.

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
03-11-2009, 12:56 PM

I am so excited about Season Pas Holders day. I cant wait. We are taking my daughter. She has never been to BGE and I am excited to see how she likes it. She said she is going to ride all the coasters. I told her they are big coasters and she said she didnt care. After I got her on Dominator last season I think she will do just fine this season. Alpi I miss you!
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM

^Oh yeah if she can do Dominator, she'll have no problem with anything at BGE. Yall have fun!

03-20-2009, 02:01 PM

BGE sunday whoot whoot! I cant wait to kick of the coaster season.
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM

The Coaster Crew is doing a meet up that day if anyone is intrested.
03-20-2009, 04:48 PM

I don't have a pass, my dad may be able to arrange something with the Park & Soda company's because of where he works.

EDIT: Just asked, nope.
Thread Closed