Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Website
02-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Re: New Website
They still have bus parking next to Dom. I am guess that is the area you are talking about. To access that area you have to go behind the dog Kennel. But they cut down the number of spots to make the VIP parking.

Also they do have an entrince over by the bathrooms that they use for large groups. I have only seenit used once since Cedar Fair owned KD. They also have an entrince by the Ampatheater. I would love to see them make that Season Pass Entrince!!

I know Carowinds does.. or used to have two entrinces, one was for season passes and it was on the other side of the park.

Also Cedar Point has 4 last time I checked. Front, Marina, Back, and beach.

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
The Ampitheater/Dominator entrance would be an ideal entrance as you could go straight to the Congo. They would ever do that though as they couldn't make you walk through 350 feet worth of convincing shops/restaurants along International Street along with them trying to snap your photo.

And yeah, I've never seen the large-group entrance being used near the restrooms. In my opinion, that'd be a great season pass entrance and a good benifit in the eyes of the people who get there at opening.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
LoL we are way off topic..

I think I would be happy with even one line for just season pass holders.

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
02-01-2012, 10:37 PM
^ Agreed!

Back on topic now, on the new KD website they have "Kings Dominion Trivia"! I found it interesting... http://www.kingsdominion.com/online-fun/...ion-trivia
02-01-2012, 11:54 PM
I used the easy pay option on the site.. Thank god because I have been asking for this for years!!!

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
02-02-2012, 08:30 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:The line to get in the park sometimes is worse than some of the rides!
Not if you get there early enough.

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
02-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Clint Novak Wrote:They still have bus parking next to Dom. I am guess that is the area you are talking about. To access that area you have to go behind the dog Kennel. But they cut down the number of spots to make the VIP parking.
Yeah, we parked over there - we just had to park a lot further away than usual.

I Have No Homeboy.
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I saw they took away a perk, Sad

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-19-2012, 10:58 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
Clint Novak Wrote:They still have bus parking next to Dom. I am guess that is the area you are talking about. To access that area you have to go behind the dog Kennel. But they cut down the number of spots to make the VIP parking.

We always park in the season pass lot.
02-19-2012, 11:53 PM
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:I saw they took away a perk, Sad

Like Walk on Wednesdays was ever beneficial anyway. The park is always dead on Wenesdays. If I went on a Wednesday I would not even bother to go get one.

Team Classy #1!
02-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Please let me know what Wednesday you were going on... I'd love to go to the park on a dead day besides Sundays in April and the week after Memorial Day weekend. :mrgreen:

Anyways, they probably scrapped Walk-On Wednesdays because they will have to deal with the Fast Lane customers instead.
02-20-2012, 08:35 AM
trishalovescarl Wrote:And, I am TOTALLY BUMMED that Halloween Haunt will not take place on any Sunday this year!!!!! That means Saturdays are gonna be even more crowded!

Not true (though may have been corrected). 4 Sundays according to Halloween Events (and even if it was just 4 Sundays open 'til 10 per the schedule that would be Ok too).

alex4hokies Wrote:^ Agreed. Does anyone know why they have the concrete barriers that you see on the side of Interstates blocking off the parking right around Dominator? Seems like wasted space of the lot that they could let the buses park in.

They need to keep them stinking buses away from Doms.
02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
They Need 1 Hour Entry instead of 10 short minutes.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:They Need 1 Hour Entry instead of 10 short minutes.
And that's only for Gold Season Pass Members, not Regular.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:

We always park in the season pass lot.
They don't let buses in the season pass lot Big Grin
And @Josh - I don't think it makes sense for anybody to not get a gold pass this year...if you go twice it pays for itself (including parking) - plus with the season being shorter for a silver pass...I would have to wonder how many people are just getting the gold pass this year.

I Have No Homeboy.