Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Verbolten Topic
05-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Re: Official Verbolten Topic
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:Verbolten is the best Coaster at BGW, EVER!

Umm...you can't be serious...

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2012, 06:18 AM
50 million does seem high. Hardware alone maybe 15-20 million, maybe a million each for the trains, plus building and theming costs. I would guess 30-35, which is still a ton

That said as a fan of themed rides I'm really looking forward to riding in a few weeks at VA is for coaster lovers
05-13-2012, 07:52 AM
The Legend Wrote:50 million does seem high. Hardware alone maybe 15-20 million, maybe a million each for the trains, plus building and theming costs. I would guess 30-35, which is still a ton

That said as a fan of themed rides I'm really looking forward to riding in a few weeks at VA is for coaster lovers

50 million does seem high...but the construction for this ride had to be killer.

Tree removal, digging that huge hole, putting up the building...that all adds up.

Theming is by far the best of any Busch Gardens Williamsburg attraction.

-------
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
sbrubakerjr Wrote:

I said at BGW, not in the world.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
05-13-2012, 09:28 AM
sbrubakerjr Wrote:50 million is the number I have heard...which is just astonishing.

Don't get me wrong, it is a unique ride and I think families will love it.

However, I am a huge coaster enthusiast. I like big thrills!

1.) The launches...they are barely launches...certainly nothing like FoF or Volcano.
2.) The building...there is a lot going on, and it is very "pretty"...but it just didn't do it for me. I liked the inside aspects of Mummy better.
3.) The drop track...it was something different...but again...its barely "thrilling".
4.) The drop...well lets just say I put my arms up and felt stupid...it is hardly steep and very short.

I know I sound like a hater...but just saying how I see/feel it. It seemed like 95% of the people really liked it...but for the cost I will take i305, Bizarro, or a B&M X-Flight or Wild Eagle anyday.

Also, I only rode once. So, I only got to see one show...and I sat in the front row. I will be going back Friday and hope to ride in the back a few times and see each show.

The launch in the back row is more intense.

05-13-2012, 10:00 AM
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
sbrubakerjr Wrote:

I know you said BGW...

But IMO Verbolten is the worst coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

I don't see how you could possibly even say its close to Apollos Chariot, that is just crazy.

EDIT: I take that back...it is a little better than its Zierer sister, The Grover Coaster.

-------
05-13-2012, 10:16 AM
sbrubakerjr Wrote:
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
sbrubakerjr Wrote:

I know you said BGW...

But IMO Verbolten is the worst coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

I don't see how you could possibly even say its close to Apollos Chariot, that is just crazy.

EDIT: I take that back...it is a little better than its Zierer sister, The Grover Coaster.
Apollo is now my 2nd favorite there.

05-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Frontseatbill Wrote:Just to let everyone know there are some on-ride POV's are on YouTube for those who didn't make it there this weekend.
My friends went this weekend to check it out and see how Verbolten was.. they said its really more of a fun family ride then thrill seekers ride.. they also said the final drop feel like backlots drop but slower :lol: Is that true???????

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2012, 07:50 PM
smooth3242 Wrote:
Frontseatbill Wrote:Just to let everyone know there are some on-ride POV's are on YouTube for those who didn't make it there this weekend.
My friends went this weekend to check it out and see how Verbolten was.. they said its really more of a fun family ride then thrill seekers ride.. they also said the final drop feel like backlots drop but slower :lol: Is that true???????

I wasn't joking.

I hate to break it to everyone...but if you ride coasters for thrills and excitement Verbolten will certainly fall short.

The ride is good for families, but at 50 million (rumored)...its honestly a joke.

-------
05-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Well I'm still excited to ride Verbolten, there is alot of fantastic reviews about the ride especially in the ride building.. I think people overanalyze rides too much before they ride it.. If you expected the final drop to be like intimidators or millenium force drops than you will definitely be dissapointed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think many people thought that you would go over the bridge alot faster then braking... It was just a soft-opening, I'm sure it will get better.

Can you keep your sanity and escape from our Maze of Madness?
[Image: pEi63yGLcuz_10975690.jpg]
05-14-2012, 12:53 PM
I think it's a good ride. Not on the top of my list, but not bad. It is more of a family ride, but it also has some appeal to the coaster freaks
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Removed Illegal POV
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM
These are my personal ratings.

Family Coaster - 7/10
Thrill Coaster 7.5/10
Theming - 11/10
Event Building - 10/10
The ride will appeal to everybody, the ride has elements everyone will love.

05-14-2012, 07:50 PM
From the point of view of the park's goal, the question is does it suitably replace Big Bad Wolf?, not whether to us thrillseekers its too little too late. Maybe they will try to close that gap in the future, although relative to their "family" appeal they don't really need to.

I considered trying to get down there (but settled for a short session of KD :mrgreenSmile ... having looked at the ride in person, I think they could have done better with the drop, at least that part looks to fall short of BBW. I like that they use original themes.
05-14-2012, 08:08 PM
To me, I find the event building and floating tunnel a complete eyesore. They need to do some amazing landscaping and a bit more theming to get it to look better. Afterall, isn't this supposed to be the world's most beautiful theme park? (I still think DW or SDC should win that...). I mean plopping down a big warehouse like building isn't something I'd expect out of Busch, even Six Flags painted The Dark Knight boxes with clouds. And the floating tunnel is just simply a cost saver, you can see it on the ride (from the POV), the midway, and after the turn after the final drop. I mean if you're going to spend a rumored 50 million, you might as well pay just a bit more and get it looking as nice as the rest of the ride areas within the park.

All in all, the inside seems like it is absolutely awesome... but the outside I'm not impressed with at all. Hearing that it rattles doesn't help.