02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Re: Official Griffon Topic
My #1 B&M Coaster

[Image: rl_107900.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2012, 12:36 AM
As a ride, I love it more than its sister coaster Sheikra, but I wished the splash down pool was located in an open area. That's just so fun getting drenched under Sheikra and obviously with the open space it certainly helps as it isn't so confined by the other coasters. So it's really asthetics, but I like Sheikra's layout more despite Griffon being a better ride.
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
nyc_phil Wrote:As a ride, I love it more than its sister coaster Sheikra, but I wished the splash down pool was located in an open area. That's just so fun getting drenched under Sheikra and obviously with the open space it certainly helps as it isn't so confined by the other coasters. So it's really asthetics, but I like Sheikra's layout more despite Griffon being a better ride.

That's pretty much what I'd say too! It's awesome to see people gather around the splashdown around Sheikra. I like Sheikra's layout a little more too because of the mist tunnels and the view off the top of the ride.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I haven't been to Kings Island yet, but from what I've seen/read they closed off the splash pool for Diamondback. That's another wasted opportunity imo.
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I really miss Le Mans Raceway... and all the trees that area had.

Griffon is a decent ride, but the ride isn't that impressive outside of the first drop. I found Sheikra's theming to be better, plus the splashdown location and the cool mist tunnel makes Sheikra the better ride. Layout-wise both coasters aren't that great. No real intensity, too short to deliver, and hanging over the drop is definitely a gimmick.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user