Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Loch Ness Monster Topic
02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Official Loch Ness Monster Topic
So a few years ago we saw one of the two Arrow coasters at BGW leave the park. The reason was due to it reaching its life span.

Question is how long does Nessy have?

It has already gained trains from BGT's arrow. How long does that by time for before they look at taking out the only interlocking looping coaster?

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Re: Official Loch Ness Monster Topic
Clint Novak Wrote:Question is how long does Nessy have?
I hope a long time. I love this ride. The theme is the best, in my opinion, at BGW.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Not a fan of this ride. It could be taken out now and I wouldn't care. Take it down and build a B&M Flyer!!!

Team Classy #1!
02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
The themeing is great? I dont know if I would go that far. It was better back in the day. I dont mind it, but would rather have B&M goodness

02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Clint Novak Wrote:The themeing is great? I dont know if I would go that far. It was better back in the day. I dont mind it, but would rather have B&M goodness
It was great last time I went. 2 years ago. The props in the line are really cool!

02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
The over-flow queue is now rarely used. So thos props just sit there and do nothing.

Team Classy #1!
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:The over-flow queue is now rarely used. So thos props just sit there and do nothing.
Well, that's true. I did go into the overflow once and it was really cool.

02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I would say we will see the end of Loch Ness in the next 5 years. A single piece of track can not be easy to maintain.

02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Loch Ness is such an iconic coaster that I really don't see it leaving anytime soon. The outcry would be far larger than BBW and maybe even the outcry for removing Whizzer at SFGAm.

If anything, the ride has at least 10-15 years on it before the park considers taking it out.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
02-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I dont think the track it self has 10-15 years left. I like Nessy, but I dont think we have a lot of time left with her. :-(

02-13-2012, 07:39 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:Not a fan of this ride. It could be taken out now and I wouldn't care. Take it down and build a B&M Flyer!!!
How are you not a fan of the only Interlocking loops coaster in the World, and the most photographed picture of a coaster! A B&M Flyer can be put in Festa Italia where Fear Fair is or remove the kiddie Balloons in italy and put a Flyer there. But never remove LNM!

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
MichaelCollier Wrote:Not a fan of this ride. It could be taken out now and I wouldn't care. Take it down and build a B&M Flyer!!!
How are you not a fan of the only Interlocking loops coaster in the World, and the most photographed picture of a coaster! A B&M Flyer can be put in Festa Italia where Fear Fair is or remove the kiddie Balloons in italy and put a Flyer there. But never remove LNM!

First, just because something is the only one, doesn't make it good. Mäch Tower is the only drop tower with vibrating seats..... do you see where I am going? Second, if I have one picture of the loops, I have a million. And third, the kiddie balloons have a diameter of like 20 feet, a B&M flyer will not fit there.

Team Classy #1!
02-13-2012, 11:23 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:

First, just because something is the only one, doesn't make it good. Mäch Tower is the only drop tower with vibrating seats..... do you see where I am going? Second, if I have one picture of the loops, I have a million. And third, the kiddie balloons have a diameter of like 20 feet, a B&M flyer will not fit there.

First, Its a great Arrow with no replicas. Second, No Response. Third, If they demolish the Kiddie balloons, the area behind it gives it more room to build with and straight across from it, the Rhine River which leads to another open spot.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm with Michael on this one, they could get rid of it and I wouldn't care as long as they replace it with a new attraction... same with Anaconda.

I think LNM will be around for many years to come though just because of the fans. Look at the whining/complaing with BBW, just imagine if they did anything with LNM... it would be 5 times worse! I'd be afraid of riots... :roll:

Tennessee Tornado on the other hand, no way! That's the best Arrow I've been on by far.
02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
I'd ride LNM 10 times before I'd ride Anaconda once. Not super relevant to the topic but ... just sayin

I Have No Homeboy.