Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Loch Ness Monster Topic
02-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Re: Official Loch Ness Monster Topic
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'd ride LNM 10 times before I'd ride Anaconda once. Not super relevant to the topic but ... just sayin
Same here! I hate Anaconda!

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2012, 08:22 PM
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
MichaelCollier Wrote:
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
MichaelCollier Wrote:Not a fan of this ride. It could be taken out now and I wouldn't care. Take it down and build a B&M Flyer!!!
How are you not a fan of the only Interlocking loops coaster in the World, and the most photographed picture of a coaster! A B&M Flyer can be put in Festa Italia where Fear Fair is or remove the kiddie Balloons in italy and put a Flyer there. But never remove LNM!

First, just because something is the only one, doesn't make it good. Mäch Tower is the only drop tower with vibrating seats..... do you see where I am going? Second, if I have one picture of the loops, I have a million. And third, the kiddie balloons have a diameter of like 20 feet, a B&M flyer will not fit there.

First, Its a great Arrow with no replicas. Second, No Response. Third, If they demolish the Kiddie balloons, the area behind it gives it more room to build with and straight across from it, the Rhine River which leads to another open spot.

I'm not saying it is a bad ride, all I am saying is the reasons you gave aren't reasons to make me love the ride. Is it a classic ride? Yes. Is it one of the better Arrows? Certainly. Is that a great location for a B&M flyer? Of course. I still enjoy the ride when I ride it, but it's not something I got running to and get mad if I don't ride it every visit.

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
MichaelCollier Wrote:
CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:
MichaelCollier Wrote:Not a fan of this ride. It could be taken out now and I wouldn't care. Take it down and build a B&M Flyer!!!
How are you not a fan of the only Interlocking loops coaster in the World, and the most photographed picture of a coaster! A B&M Flyer can be put in Festa Italia where Fear Fair is or remove the kiddie Balloons in italy and put a Flyer there. But never remove LNM!

First, just because something is the only one, doesn't make it good. Mäch Tower is the only drop tower with vibrating seats..... do you see where I am going? Second, if I have one picture of the loops, I have a million. And third, the kiddie balloons have a diameter of like 20 feet, a B&M flyer will not fit there.

First, Its a great Arrow with no replicas. Second, No Response. Third, If they demolish the Kiddie balloons, the area behind it gives it more room to build with and straight across from it, the Rhine River which leads to another open spot.

I'm not saying it is a bad ride, all I am saying is the reasons you gave aren't reasons to make me love the ride. Is it a classic ride? Yes. Is it one of the better Arrows? Certainly. Is that a great location for a B&M flyer? Of course. I still enjoy the ride when I ride it, but it's not something I got running to and get mad if I don't ride it every visit.

I only like to ride it when it's morning or night! But sometimes I get mad if i don't ride it for a while. But if they build another B&M, it will be the B&M capital in the world. The Problem is where to build it? Or they could build a EuroFighter.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't think a Euro Fighter would work at BGW, but that's another thread.

Anyway, back on topic.....

If they do decide to keep the ride for awhile longer, I hope the cave effects are restored (fog, a loch ness monster chasing you, etc.).

Team Classy #1!
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:I don't think a Euro Fighter would work at BGW, but that's another thread.

Anyway, back on topic.....

If they do decide to keep the ride for awhile longer, I hope the cave effects are restored (fog, a loch ness monster chasing you, etc.).

Next year is its 40th year aniversary, so maybe they'll do something.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I'd ride LNM 10 times before I'd ride Anaconda once. Not super relevant to the topic but ... just sayin

I agree with you totally. I haven't ridden Nessie since 2003, but from what I remember, she's smoother than Anaconda IMO. But sadly since Arrow is defunct, it's only a matter of time before both coasters are gone. However if LNM does end up staying through the next decade, I believe the cave should be restored as it was...perhaps with LED lighting? Just a thought.

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I'm with Michael on this one, they could get rid of it and I wouldn't care as long as they replace it with a new attraction... same with Anaconda.

I think LNM will be around for many years to come though just because of the fans. Look at the whining/complaing with BBW, just imagine if they did anything with LNM... it would be 5 times worse! I'd be afraid of riots... :roll:

Tennessee Tornado on the other hand, no way! That's the best Arrow I've been on by far.
I 2nd this post. If LNM ran where it is synced to have 2 trains in the loops at the same time, then I would be in toal support of the ride. I appreciate the history and uniqueness of the interlocking loops, but they can't keep it running forever. Even though the park could use more family coasters, I felt they dropped the ball by making VB a family coaster instead of going all out and building a B&M flyer on BBW's spot. I dunno if the park would go with a flyer or a winged coaster, but I would have no problems seeing another B&M coaster at that park occupying LNM's spot.

Tornado was an awesome ride, I just wished it wasn't so short.

CoasterCrazy629 Wrote:I only like to ride it when it's morning or night! But sometimes I get mad if i don't ride it for a while. But if they build another B&M, it will be the B&M capital in the world. The Problem is where to build it? Or they could build a EuroFighter.
Actually SFGAdv is the B&M coaster capital: Batman TR, Superman UF, Bizzaro, Nitro, Green Lantern. BGW would need to add a stand up, floorless and flyer if they want to be the B&M capital Smile But with the land space they have, that's doubtful Sad
09-07-2012, 11:39 PM
KDCoasterChick Wrote:I haven't ridden Nessie since 2003, but from what I remember, she's smoother than Anaconda IMO.

Anaconda has one really bad spot. I mostly only ever loved Loch Ness in the back seats, and find it almost too jarring to my spine coming out of both of the loops in those seats, with less I can do about it. It also has really slow, awkward pacing with 2 lifts and it's not unusual to hit the restraint in some places that are slow and should be casual. I still consider an Arrow to be worth riding but I don't consider this one as good as many that are already scrap.

It does look great in conjunction with Alengeist's Cobra Roll from several locations in the park, though. And I like the lack of a seat belt!!
11-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Is Nessie smooth for an Arrow? I rode it back in '07 and I don't remember much of it. But I've been on Anaconda in my more recent years and I refuse to go on it ever again :x

But, if the ride is rough, I would like to see Vekoma try to fit their new and improved trains on the ride, like the trains on Carolina Cobra at Carowinds.

Planet Snoopy! 2013
11-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I haven't ridden it in a few years (not really sure why...) but when I did it was smoother than Anaconda, which I do not ride.

I Have No Homeboy.
11-05-2012, 03:03 PM
It is a smooth ride. It has some spots where it looks like it would be painful, but it's not.

Team Classy #1!
12-19-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Official Loch Ness Monster Topic
I like to ride at BGW.