Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Batwing Topic
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Official Batwing Topic
I think this is easyly my favorite ride at SFA.

Talk away!

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Re: Official Batwing Topic
Funny how KD was originally going to install this ride while SFA originally had plans to install a 140 ft. tall,3,000 ft. long standing coaster(according to the original site plans filed with the county) while CGA was supposed to get HS:XLC but got a mouse instead as a result of the last minute move by KD not to add the ride.

Paramount parks helped vekoma co-develop the flying dutchman coaster & had originally ordered 2 more rides for their parks following the prototype's debut at CGA,but when Stealth/Borg/nighthawk proved to be a disappointment in terms of reliability they opted out of the contract & SFI picked up the remaining rides that had been manufactured with X-flight orginally destined for KI(funny how it's now there) & batwing originally destined for KD.

Needless to say the ride still turned out to be a poorly engineered design regardless of who bought it,notice how there've since been no other flying dutchman coasters sold by vekoma since then other than their stingray design?
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
^ A lot of the prototypes Paramount dealt with in the early 00s were flawed. Stealth, Hypersonic, and Son of Beast all turned out to be duds in the end and Stealth is the only one standing of the three (not counting SOB's SBNO status).

Things would've probably turned out better if Paramount stuck with their original plan of 3 Flying Dutchman coasters and given CGA the Hypersonic model. Maybe SFA would've gotten that nice stand up in 2003 and SFWOA would've gotten nothing (which wouldn't be too bad if they spread their new additions out, hell it would probably still be around if that happened)

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I remember Batwing having lots of breakdowns its first year,but other than that,I still think its a great ride.
06-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Well part of batwings features dont even work just like xflight/firehawk it was supposed to recline on the lift hill but it failed and reclines in the station

BIZARRO #1
12-27-2013, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 02:28 AM by Ashley.)
RE: Official Batwing Topic
Six Flags America Theme park is a nice attraction especially for children. The park offers fun for every member of the family with world class shows and it offer different rides such as Superman Ride of Steel coaster, Batwing and Shock Wave. Batwing is a steel flying roller coaster. It is my favorite ride all-time at this Six Flags America Park but it is more horrible ride then Shock Wave.