Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Official Fast Lane Topic
02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Official Fast Lane Topic
So this year Kings Dominion along with all the other Cedar Fair parks will be rolling out the Fastpass system that Kings Island tested last year. This means for a price you can buy a pass that will alowe you to skip the lines on most major rides and attractions.

I am excited about this. I would not use it because I normaly people watch on busy days, and would not spend $40 for the pass, but I think its a good more for the park. I think this will give guess that option.. but for the most part I dont think enough people will buy it that it will off set the lines to much. I am looking forward to seeing how it work, and how many people use it. Over all I think its a win for Kings Dominion.

Here is what the pass is good for:

Dominator
Drop Tower
Flight of Fear
Flying Eagles
Intimidator 305
Log Flume
Backlot Stunt Coaster
Triple Spin
Volcano
Windseeker

http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/new-fast-lane

The price is $55 online.

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Re: Official Fast Lane Topic
I am definitely for it. I will maybe use it once this year on a super busy day, but it will definitely get the park some money.

Team Classy #1!
02-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I wonder if you would use it if you had to pay for it! Oh and if you had to pay rent, utilitys, cell bill, your passes in to the park, gas money, car bills, incurince, and for the fanny pack you would keep the pass in.. then I bet you would not be so up for spending $40 ;-)

02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Clint Novak Wrote:I wonder if you would use it if you had to pay for it! Oh and if you had to pay rent, utilitys, cell bill, your passes in to the park, gas money, car bills, incurince, and for the fanny pack you would keep the pass in.. then I bet you would not be so up for spending $40 ;-)

As Prince of Virignia, I dont pay Smile

Team Classy #1!
02-01-2012, 09:31 PM
You need to stop that! It is coming off way wrong lol

02-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Clint Novak Wrote:You need to stop that! It is coming off way wrong lol

Exactly!

Team Classy #1!
02-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm curious of how they will do this new Fast Lane. I've heard 2 things, they will be running it similar to Kings Island did last year where you got unlimited no-wait rides all day OR that you will get to skip the line once like you got to for the Fright Lane that was at HAUNT XI last year...

I sure hope it is the second plan, as if people only got to skip the line once for each ride, it seems like it would hardly affect the lines at all and would less likely cause people to start complaining if they only see people skip once rather than multiple times in the time in takes them to only ride once.

Basically if they go with the first plan they used at KI last year, I'm totally against it. If they use the Fright Lane type system, I won't have any problem with the park making more money to hopefully put back in the park. 2014 coaster? :wink:
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Clint Novak Wrote:I wonder if you would use it if you had to pay for it! Oh and if you had to pay rent, utilitys, cell bill, your passes in to the park, gas money, car bills, incurince, and for the fanny pack you would keep the pass in.. then I bet you would not be so up for spending $40 ;-)
THANK YOU! Big Grin LoL and Alex I'm pretty sure it's a one time per ride thing.

I Have No Homeboy.
02-01-2012, 09:51 PM
^ That's great to hear. Because if it is the other way, you won't ever see me in the park on a Saturday again besides in the spring before Memorial Day!
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
personally I will never pay for it because I live close enough that I can just go another day. I hope it will be the once per ride option because that should not have a big effect on the wait times.
02-04-2012, 01:26 AM
gooseKDfan Wrote:personally I will never pay for it because I live close enough that I can just go another day. I hope it will be the once per ride option because that should not have a big effect on the wait times.

The main problem I see with this is that they'll get a backlog of people in line at a ride exit & then start reserving entire trains for them,SFA did just that on ROS back in 07 & was just one more reason why I won't be going back there again anytime soon.

Another question is will entire rows be inaccessible to standby riders in the queue?This is another problem with the way SSFI runs their system by designating a row(like they were supposed to in the first place) but not allowing people in the station to use that row if there are no fast lane riders present on any given cycle....it may also encourage the park to run rides with fewer trains to generate a perception that waiting in the queue will take longer than using the "skip the line" passes & therefore they'll be able to sell more fast lane tickets by doing so,after all who is gonna buy a ticket to skip the line when there's hardly a line for them to have to wait in for 25 to 30 minutes in the first place?
02-04-2012, 01:40 PM
^ It doesn't really affect the lines at BGW, Disney, or any other park that does the queuing system the right way.

BGW reserves rows for QQ users and it can be a slight inconvenience, but the wait times are the same as they've always been (with or without the line cutting system). The only ride at KD I can see this being a problem is Volcano because capacity for that ride is already bad.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I highly doubt they will run less trains to make the line look longer. Weekdays are normally one train only for most rides anyway, and weekends are way to busy to run only one train. The lines on Saturdays are long enough to where they don't need to make the lines look longer. It is not like if they don't make money on this bad things will happen, so there is no point in making people think the lines are long so the buy them.

Team Classy #1!
02-05-2012, 05:13 PM
I can see this being a headache for rides with lower capacities, such as Volcano. Also, with 305 still being so new, I could see things end up kind of hectic down there as well. I could also see FoF being weird, just because of the logistics of letting someone on in front of everyone would be weird. I hope the stipulate that this pass is not valid for the front or back rows like they did for Walk on Wednesday.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
02-05-2012, 06:51 PM
P. Snoop Wrote:I can see this being a headache for rides with lower capacities, such as Volcano. Also, with 305 still being so new, I could see things end up kind of hectic down there as well. I could also see FoF being weird, just because of the logistics of letting someone on in front of everyone would be weird. I hope the stipulate that this pass is not valid for the front or back rows like they did for Walk on Wednesday.

+1. SFGAdv allows Flash Passes in any row on any ride. I was in a long line for the front row of El Toro, and these 2 guys with Platinum Flash Passes (~$110-120/head for one reride on everything) were allowed rerides in the front row. They were looking at the people in line like, "You common people have to wait so long! We didn't have to wait hardly at all for 2 rides - haha!"

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).