Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Official Fast Lane Topic
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Re: Official Fast Lane Topic
P. Snoop Wrote:I can see this being a headache for rides with lower capacities, such as Volcano. Also, with 305 still being so new, I could see things end up kind of hectic down there as well. I could also see FoF being weird, just because of the logistics of letting someone on in front of everyone would be weird. I hope the stipulate that this pass is not valid for the front or back rows like they did for Walk on Wednesday.

I can see this definitely being a problem at volcano,ricochet & BLSC as all of those coasters as you mentioned have terrible capacity to begin with....perhaps shockwave should be considered as well due to the slow loading times increasing the wait compared to other rides in the park.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Does Stunt Coaster/Ricochet really need a line cutting system?

I can understand a major ride like Volcano, but why should a small family coaster and a wild mouse get one too? Unless those rides draw huge lines, there isn't much of a point in adding a line cutting system to a smaller ride.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I can't remember if it was like this last year, but Back Lot at one point opened at noon, I don't think they will out it on a ride that does not open with the park. Unless of course they change that.

Team Classy #1!
02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
@ netdvn, believe it or not... Backlot and Ricochet both can get quite a line sometimes! I've seen Backlot's line use up the extra queue/go out of the normal queue and for Ricochet, it sometimes has one of the longest lines because of the low capacity. That's one of the family favorites at KD!
02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
They're more than likely going to add this on all of the park's coasters since they're the more popular rides in any park.
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:I can't remember if it was like this last year, but Back Lot at one point opened at noon, I don't think they will out it on a ride that does not open with the park. Unless of course they change that.
I think weekdays it opened at noon but other days it opened with the park - if' I'm remembering correctly

I Have No Homeboy.
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Bad news guys, Canada's Wonderland is advertising their new Fast Lane for "Unlimited Rides All Day Long!" so you could easily re-ride a ride 100 times in a row if you so wish. If Kings Dominion does it like this, I do see it affecting the lines unfortunately. http://www.canadaswonderland.com/tickets
02-12-2012, 12:40 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:Bad news guys, Canada's Wonderland is advertising their new Fast Lane for "Unlimited Rides All Day Long!" so you could easily re-ride a ride 100 times in a row if you so wish. If Kings Dominion does it like this, I do see it affecting the lines unfortunately. http://www.canadaswonderland.com/tickets

If that happens I can see it causingfights to break out....remember,KD tried a similar system back in 01 & they dropped it after a month due to fights breaking out in ride lines over it.
02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The Canada's Wonderland version is also unlimited rides all day long, not the 12-5 that was at KI last season.
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I think the unlimited rides all day long pass will work out fine if they have a worker letting the fast pass owners through. That would stop fights. Most people won't get it because of the price. I go to Universal Studios in Orlando and get unlimited rides all day. I'm usually the only person in line, even for the coasters. I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
12-5 is when rides have shortest lines anyway. Alot of people are in the water park. Also if it is unlimited, a row should be sectioned off during the times of the pass. It is easier to see someone take a sectioned off two than to take a seat you have been waiting for.

Team Classy #1!
02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm looking forward to this. It's surprising that KI and CW are running the pass two completely different ways.
Does anyone know when this will be on the KD website?

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
02-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Bizarro SFNE Wrote:I'm looking forward to this. It's surprising that KI and CW are running the pass two completely different ways.
Does anyone know when this will be on the KD website?
It already is on the website, but there is no information about it.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
if i were visiting the park on a saturday, i would probably take advantage of this. Big Grin

i do hope KD has a plan for mitigating the ire of those waiting in line. properly promoting the feature with signs at the front gate and at the rides themselves would probably be enough to prevent people from reacting angrily to other people seemingly cutting in front of them.
02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Any word on the price for this?

I Have No Homeboy.