Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Official Fast Lane Topic
02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Re: Official Fast Lane Topic
greenspanDan Wrote:if i were visiting the park on a saturday, i would probably take advantage of this. Big Grin

i do hope KD has a plan for mitigating the ire of those waiting in line. properly promoting the feature with signs at the front gate and at the rides themselves would probably be enough to prevent people from reacting angrily to other people seemingly cutting in front of them.

I wouldn't count on it,I mean how many people in the park take the time out to read,let alone look at the signs outside the ride queue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:I wouldn't count on it,I mean how many people in the park take the time out to read,let alone look at the signs outside the ride queue?

oh i don't know. i just think if the Fast Lane people boarding the train were standing under a splashy 'FASTLANE" logo, people would be more likely to get what was going on, is all.
02-28-2012, 05:03 PM
This was posted in the Park Map thread:
alex4hokies Wrote:FAST LANE list is here:

Dominator
Drop Tower
Flight of Fear
Flying Eagles
Intimidator 305
Log Flume
Backlot Stunt Coaster
Triple Spin
Volcano
Windseeker

http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/new-fast-lane

The price is $55 online.

I do have to say they did choose good attractions to put on it. Yes Volcano will be most affected by this, but most of the rides they chose do have a fairly good capacity. I'd say this pass is great for one time visitors, and I might even use it if I am at the park on a crazy busy day.

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
I would get this on a CRAZY day, but then again, my dad will just buy it for no reason just like the Flash Pass.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM
For some reason I dont think some of these rides are needed. But I am sure Tim is happy triple spin is on there lol

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
All of the rides seem like they would have lines except for Triple Spin and Flying Eagles.

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Bizarro SFNE Wrote:All of the rides seem like they would have lines except for Triple Spin and Flying Eagles.
Triple Spin surprisingly has a lot of riders.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
^ Yes it does, but the line never gets that long...
03-02-2012, 10:56 PM
They should of added WWC

03-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:The price is $55 online.

On the main page it says unlimited but no price. I started clicking on some days and it said "Regular" and $45 or $50 each for 2. What is it really?

Please tell me Unlimited is way more than $55. If large numbers of people start buying unlimited, I can see a possibility that as soon as the park becomes that crowded, the rest of us may as well go home. At $55 a pop, fastpass for every visit last year would have cost me $3190. I spent maybe $250 there last year. Obviously it's better for the park but could be party over. But then, I think the last few years have been the best ever. Better rides, less waiting overall.
03-03-2012, 08:18 PM
bill_s Wrote:
Quote:The price is $55 online.

On the main page it says unlimited but no price. I started clicking on some days and it said "Regular" and $45 or $50 each for 2. What is it really?

Please tell me Unlimited is way more than $55. If large numbers of people start buying unlimited, I can see a possibility that as soon as the park becomes that crowded, the rest of us may as well go home. At $55 a pop, fastpass for every visit last year would have cost me $3190. I spent maybe $250 there last year. Obviously it's better for the park but could be party over. But then, I think the last few years have been the best ever. Better rides, less waiting overall.

I agree & that's where this will backfire for CF parks because if they sell too many passes in a given day & worse make it unlimited use all day there are going to be alot of guests who are unable to get on a single ride if FL users start mobbing the rides that KD has selected for the system.With that in mind it's a really bad idea & if they just do their best to increase guest throughput rather than dividing guests into 2 classes they'll have more satisfied & repeat customers over the couvisit SFArse of the year.

Should it backfire on them they'll have more upset customers who will be unlikely to return in the future,after all that was just one of many things that resulted in my refusal to visit SFA for a good long while with no immediate plans to return there anytime soon.
03-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Busch Gardens unlimited pass is also around 50 dollars. I think that they have the price perfect. And I don't think they are going to lose costumes at all. Most parks do have skip the line passes besides a few smaller chains. Personally, I think it is about time they do this. While I won't ever need the pass (even if I do get it a few visits), it makes the parks loads of money easily for them.

Team Classy #1!
03-04-2012, 12:40 AM
I would get this at the Big Bang Event, just like the Fright Lane during the Haunt Event.

03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
MichaelCollier Wrote:Busch Gardens unlimited pass is also around 50 dollars. I think that they have the price perfect. And I don't think they are going to lose costumes at all. Most parks do have skip the line passes besides a few smaller chains. Personally, I think it is about time they do this. While I won't ever need the pass (even if I do get it a few visits), it makes the parks loads of money easily for them.

Sure it'll make money for the park,and for CF as a whole but at the expense of guests who choose not to use the system by means of making those guests wait longer & as a result leaving them with a rather negative impression of the park.
03-04-2012, 01:46 PM
^ I think you are over exaggerating the Fast Lane's effect to the park on here, TPR, and KD's Facebook page. It's not going to "ruin" anyone's day that doesn't get the pass... If anything, it will make those who are impatient enjoy the park more. Plus, Kings Island had a limit on the number of guests that were able to purchase it each day last year, so I'm sure KD will do the same. With a pricetag of $50+ too, not everyone is going to buy that considering that is more than a park ticket online. They could buy a season pass for less money and come every day in the season compared to buying a park ticket and Fast Lane pass for one day... Cedar Fair has done nothing but improve the park, and with this new CEO, I believe they will do the best for the park.

I say you spend your time fighting against the park doing 1-train operations as that's an easy fix.