Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Official Fast Lane Topic
03-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Re: Official Fast Lane Topic
alex4hokies Wrote:^ I think you are over exaggerating the Fast Lane's effect to the park on here, TPR, and KD's Facebook page. It's not going to "ruin" anyone's day that doesn't get the pass... If anything, it will make those who are impatient enjoy the park more. Plus, Kings Island had a limit on the number of guests that were able to purchase it each day last year, so I'm sure KD will do the same. With a pricetag of $50+ too, not everyone is going to buy that considering that is more than a park ticket online. They could buy a season pass for less money and come every day in the season compared to buying a park ticket and Fast Lane pass for one day... Cedar Fair has done nothing but improve the park, and with this new CEO, I believe they will do the best for the park.

I say you spend your time fighting against the park doing 1-train operations as that's an easy fix.

+1

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 03:03 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ I think you are over exaggerating the Fast Lane's effect to the park on here, TPR, and KD's Facebook page. It's not going to "ruin" anyone's day that doesn't get the pass... If anything, it will make those who are impatient enjoy the park more. Plus, Kings Island had a limit on the number of guests that were able to purchase it each day last year, so I'm sure KD will do the same. With a pricetag of $50+ too, not everyone is going to buy that considering that is more than a park ticket online. They could buy a season pass for less money and come every day in the season compared to buying a park ticket and Fast Lane pass for one day... Cedar Fair has done nothing but improve the park, and with this new CEO, I believe they will do the best for the park.

I say you spend your time fighting against the park doing 1-train operations as that's an easy fix.

I agree that if it's managed properly, it could be not bad. if they put some of the money into running more trains and attendants, could easily justify it... or a lot of other things. I can see in a way it's "fair" to offer it, say if it could easily cost someone hundreds just to come and stay at KD and it would "save" them money to get what they came for faster. But, all else equal, everyone else has to wait just a little more (although if you don't want the row they use, maybe not) and that's not in *my* interest at KD, being my most local park, nor is it likely I will be affording it myself anywhere else, even if somehow I manage to travel.

I think often I305 only runs one train because they hate to ever see empty seats, it just costs a lot to run. If it were only that ride ...
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM

+3

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I like the way BG does there fastpass lines. They section off 1 row of the train. And if there is noone waiting for the fastpass, they will let others in line fill in. I have seen this many times on Alpengeist. Kings Dominion does stand to make a nice chunk of change off of the fastpass option, but not off of families. Your average family of 4 who comes to the park I dont think would be able to afford another $220 on top of the admission price, plus food and drinks for the day. I also think season pass holders would be less inclined to buy one. And KD would have to figure out a way that the fastpass wouldnt be able to be shared. What would stop a family of 4 of buying one wristband... and if it is unlimited uses all day...of just taking turns with the band?
03-08-2012, 12:47 PM
From my experiences, I've seen plenty of families at BGW using the fastpass option, even on days when the park isn't crowded. If the option is there, I'm sure they'll do it.

Season passholders are less inclined to buy a fastpass unless the day is busy. Even then, most season passholders know when to visit the park and they have unlimited visits anyway, so it isn't a big deal for them.

I don't think the sharing wristbands for major rides is that big of a problem. You'll still find families that buy one for each member regardless.

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
03-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Looks Like were getting Unlimited Fast Lane passes:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/new-fast-lane#">http://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/new-fast-lane#</a><!-- m -->

NEW - FAST LANE
Wait Less. Ride More.

With the all-new FAST LANE you can bypass the regular line on 10 of our most popular rides!

UNLIMITED FAST LANE
Gets you a wristband that allows you to bypass the regular line on 10 of our most popular rides as many times as you want all day long!

And Appears to Ring depending on number in your party and date. Looks Like: $30-$55 a piece.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kingsdominion.com/tickets/">http://www.kingsdominion.com/tickets/</a><!-- m -->
03-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Re: Predictable New Attractions.
I have one quick question. I was looking on the Kings Dominion site at the Fast Lane section. For $50 do they let you use your Fast Lane for all the rides or is it just the individual ride you buy a ticket for?
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM
If it's a wristband then families can't share it - like we were thinking they could before.

I Have No Homeboy.
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Re: Predictable New Attractions.
Martian's Agenda Wrote:I have one quick question. I was looking on the Kings Dominion site at the Fast Lane section. For $50 do they let you use your Fast Lane for all the rides or is it just the individual ride you buy a ticket for?

Its $55 for unlimited head of the line of the 10 most popular rides.

03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
They just lowered the price to $35 on Saturdays, and $30 on all other days!

03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
^ That's only if 5 people in your group are purchasing Fast Lane...

1 person: $55 Saturdays $50 Sunday-Friday - total price $55/$50
2 people: $50 Saturdays $45 Sunday-Friday - total price $100/$90
3 people: $45 Saturdays $40 Sunday-Friday - total price $135/$120
4 people: $40 Saturdays $35 Sunday-Friday - total price $160/$140
5+ people: $35 Saturdays $30 Sunday-Friday - total price varies for the amount of people in group
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:^ That's only if 5 people in your group are purchasing Fast Lane...

I was kind of expecting that. BOO

03-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the people who buy the pass on a slow day. :mrgreen:

My shrink did some reverse psychology on me, so I charged him $50 an hour.
04-01-2012, 01:36 PM
^ they'd only be wasting $50.............I don't think it's that big of a deal just to be sure

Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
04-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I think it just a bad idea,It should only be sold to non season pass holders.Because They Can Come back...I think this is gonna be a riot waiting to happen.