Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Carousel Topic
02-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Official Carousel Topic
So I forgot to post this a few days ago but thought I would bring it up.

Last time we were doing an update at the park there was something going on on top of the Carousel. Took me and Tim a few minutes to relize what they might be doing, but then we saw that all the lights were gone. We think they may be updating the lighting package for the Carousel.

I dont know if its just the top part or if the whole ride will get it.

I HOPE ITS LED!!

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Re: Official Carousel Topic
That would be so great!!!!

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
LED to match Windseeker's awesome lighting package (just across the midway) and be a great focal point for the south end of Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular? I sure hope so!

I'm glad KD is making so many improvements to the park this season such as brick pavers and new walls for Center Walkway, new lighting package for the Carousel, remodel/paint of Grizzly Arcade for DA, and I'm sure there is more!

Clint or Tim, do you all know if they have any plans to repaint any rides this offseason? There's several that could definitely use it. (Anaconda, Drop Tower, Rebel Yell, ect.)
02-09-2012, 11:14 PM
They do the bricks every year. Just small sections.

I really hope the next light package goes on the Ferris Wheel. One of the best lighted Ferris Wheels is the one at the Orlando Funspot. I could watch that thing for hours. Its crazy. The Ferris Wheel turns in to a show!

I love how they are now lighting the E Tower as well. Glad they made the switch.

02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Isn't there a decorative ornament atop the carousel house? KI's doesn't seem to have one from photo's I've seen so it could be that they're working on restoring it & changing a few bulbs that may need replacement but either way it should look great as KD has done a magnificent job at taking care of the carousel over the years.
02-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Well if they were just chaing light bulbs they would have left the sockets up there. Everything that had to do with lights were gone.

02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Clint Novak Wrote:Well if they were just chaing light bulbs they would have left the sockets up there. Everything that had to do with lights were gone.

Ohh,this is interesting,any word on if Americana will get a new lighting package?
02-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Not this year, but when they put it in they said it was getting one... then it did not. So I am hoping with Cedar Fair playing with the power of LED and seeing its effects, they will soon!

02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
The ferris wheel at Cedar Point is getting an all new LED package this year, so maybe we will get one eventually. I actually don't mind the lighting package it has now as it resembles more of an "American midway" type feel with all the lights on the games, restaurants, ect. along the Grove... but it would be cool for Americana, Carousel, and Windseeker to all have LED packages.
03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Cool - we always ride the Carousel when we go - nice chill ride and I love seeing the joy on the little one's faces when the horse goes up and down. :-)

02-13-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: Official Carousel Topic
Well the Carousel is undergoing a multi-year restoration that will coincide with the 100th birthday in 2017, but what interests me is that, if you go on KDFansite's facebook page and find the recent construction pictures (especially the one where the old ticket booth is getting a rehab), there is a comment that said that the park contacted someone to restore the band organ that hasn't played in decades.

I hope we get to hear the organ in it's glory this year.