Dollywood
SIx Flags Over Georgia
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to go?
02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Where to go?
I'm trying to figure out where to go this year. I've got a list of parks that I could go to, I just need to decide. So which park is the best? Also, I've been to BGW twice but haven't ridden much and never been to the three others.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Re: Where to go?
Dollywood hands down. Not only is there Dollywood, but there is a ton to do in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville/Gatlinburg too.

Thunderhead (my favorite woodie), Mystery Mine, Tennessee Tornado pack the punch, and Wild Eagle should be just as good! They also have some very unique rides too such as Barnstormer, Blazing Fury, Mountain Slidewinder, and Adventure Mountain. The food and atmosphere are simply amazing too... Dolly does it right!

From the parks I've visited, it is definitely the best theme park outside of Orlando, I like it much more than BGW.
02-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I've never been to 2 of those and I'd still have to say Dollywood LoL.

I Have No Homeboy.
02-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Dollywood or BGW are the clear choices, way way better then the other two
02-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm going for two days and might just go to SFA one day and BGW the other. Either that or Dollywood. I'm not sure yet.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I have not been to SFoG, but of all the rest I vastly prefer Dollywood. Big Grin

coaster credits: 361
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
There both amazing parks, but you gotta go to Dollywood.

Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest...
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
For me, Hershey is the 4th closest, top class (crowded though). SF passes work at all SF parks and SFA is a cheaper place to buy one, but parking passes are sold seperately, so I'm thinking about some combo of visits this year like only 3xSFA + 1 SFGAdv. You really need to get to 3 CF parks for Platinum Pass to be a great deal, not until after Toro and Ka sorry. Not big on having to drive (myself) a lot to ride very often anyway. KD is next door, BGW is too close to ignore fully and SFA somewhat too.

Dollywood does sound nice, but both there and BGW will take most or all of this year to calm down from the new rides.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2012, 11:17 PM
I voted BGW mainly because I've been there and it is indeed a beautiful park. I've never been to Dollywood, but I would very much want to go. I've heard nothing but good things about it. SFA I've been to only once and it was the worst experience I've ever had. :oops: :oops:

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I have only been to half of the parks on the list. BGW tops The list for me. I have also been to SFOG. The other 2 on on my wish list.
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
I've been to both Dollywood and BGW. I have to say I'd lean more with Dollywood because of the new coaster additions they made since my last visit there. Also there's a lot to do in the Pigeon forge area. BGW, as much as I love it, I wished they have a few more flat rides there. Coasters are great, but it gets boring riding the same big 5 (AC, Alp, Grif, etc) after a while.