Poll: Should there be a Cedar Fair Park in Florida?
Yes
No
Maybe
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cedar Fair Park in Florida?
02-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Cedar Fair Park in Florida?
What do you all think about a Cedar Fair Park in Florida? I think could be a good idea, but there's always all the parks like Universal Studios, Disney World, and Busch Gardens tht could get in the way. If they compete and have many roller coasters and great family rides, I think it could survive in Miami or Tallahassee, probably not Orlando.

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Re: Cedar Fair Park in Florida?
I think if the park went for the "thrill junkies" market, it could possibly survive... If the park went for a "family" market, it would get destroyed. Maybe there should be a "maybe" option?
02-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I added maybe. Big Grin

02-19-2012, 03:50 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I think if the park went for the "thrill junkies" market, it could possibly survive... If the park went for a "family" market, it would get destroyed. Maybe there should be a "maybe" option?

+1, but it may need to be away from Orlando or the residents would have a fit. They seemed opposed to the Orlando Thrill Park. I'm surprised South Florida does not have a major park yet.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
02-19-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't think it would do well. I feel like the reason there isn't one there already is the same reason there isn't a Six Flags park in Orlando.
02-19-2012, 07:47 PM
wazomike Wrote:I don't think it would do well. I feel like the reason there isn't one there already is the same reason there isn't a Six Flags park in Orlando.
Well no other park would survive in Orlando because of Universal, Sea World, and Disney, but maybe some other big city. Possibly Jacksonville. It's a huge city that I-95 passes through so getting there would be no problem.

02-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Orlando would be hard, but northern Florida would be a better location.
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Cedar FLoint needs to be twards the gulf maybe near mississippi border to stay out of bgt wdw uso and even legoland northwest florida for CEDAR FLOINT

BIZARRO #1
06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Could work if they had their goals like most cedar fair parks and look to draw a million or two million guests a year and not the 5 mill sea world does, the 7 mill ioa does or the 17 million MK draws
09-07-2012, 01:09 AM
I would have to say no. Six Flags showed that over expanding eventually lead to them selling back a bunch of parks to pay off its huge debt. CF already has a bunch of parks from buying the former Paramount parks. I think it's better that CF just concentrates on the parks they have. Florida is dominated by SeaWorld-entertainment, Universal, and Disney. I think CF is fine with their parks spread out throughout the country as is now.
09-07-2012, 08:55 AM
South Florida really has nothing though in terms of parks. They have a lot of people for a market that has to travel about 4 hours to Orlando to go to a park. SF, CF, or somebody should consider tapping into that market. A good Six Flags may be a good fit with the locals there. My friends who have season passes at SFA just keep dropping their kids off at the water park all summer long.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I think it would be very good area , since it's a big vacation spot, but it would have to compete with big parks like disney, universal and sea world, so I don't know how sucessful It would be. Probably why six flags and cedar fair hasn't moved into the area somehow. It would be nice though! lol
04-03-2013, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 11:31 PM by Mellen00.)
RE: Cedar Fair Park in Florida?
Last time i visit a park in London and its so amazing place i really like its fence its too big and very impressive and decorative ...I really like it...

Brisbane Timber Fence
06-20-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Cedar Fair Park in Florida?
You have to remember that you have Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA (GA/FL border). It's within 2 hours of Jacksonville, FL