Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Welcome to KDfansite.com
06-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Welcome to KDfansite.com
Hello all, and welcome our new Kings Dominion Fan Site. We are currently working hard to get everything up and running so please forgive us for the mess as we get everything ready to go.

Please feel free to comment on the site and introduce your self.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2008, 07:42 PM

Hi. I'm Robbie and I'm both a coaster-a-holic and an online forum-a-holic so let's get this party started.

I live in Richmond and go to Kings Dominion about once a week. My favorite rides to hit on a quick trip are Rebel Yell (which is running like butter this year--hooray!), Volcano and of course, Dominator.

I love to go on rollercoaster road trips. This year I sunk my whole coaster budget into my first TPR tour for the Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II mini trip coming up the first week in August. I'm also going to try to get down to Hard Rock Park before the summer's over.

My favorite parks so far are (in no particular order) Dollywood, Holiday World and Busch Gardens Europe. My favorite steel coaster so far is Apollo's Chariot and my favorite wood is...um...whichever one I'm on, so long as it's not hurting me. Actually, probably The Raven. But the bunny hops on The Phoenix make it a close contender.

So, YAY! for being the first non-staff poster! I'm off to watch the podcast. See you all in line!
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM

The site really looks great! I look forward to keeping in touch with other Kings Dominion Fans Big Grin
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM

A big welcome to our first to posters!

I am down at KD at least twice a week doing different thinks. I will be there tomorrow morning for a bit.
07-09-2008, 12:27 AM

This site is pretty awesome. I'm glad to see an up-to-date site devoted to Kings Dominion. When I was younger we went to the park once every couple years and it was definitely a highlight of my childhood. I don't get to go as often as I like now, so it's nice to have a way to keep tabs on what's going on. Thanks for all your hard work! Smile

"I dream of a better tommorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."
07-09-2008, 07:53 AM

The site looks great. It'll be cool to see how it grows over time.

I'm impressed by the podcast, especially if that's Rose's first time doing that sort of thing. Great job!

The overall production was pretty sharp. There were a couple of moments when the audio mixing could have been tighter. What kind of tools are you using for that?

All in all, it's terrific!
07-10-2008, 12:51 AM

Video is shot with a Canon XL1s camera.

video is edited with Adobe Premier
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM

I'm glad to be here, the site looks great so far. Big Grin

Anyways.. my name is Dan and I'm from the Hampton Roads area in Virginia of course. Looking forward to discussing Kings Dominion with you all.
07-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Finally, a non-retarded KD fan site with potential. Best of luck, Clint and staff
07-11-2008, 01:09 PM

Hi, I'm Lauren. I was a ride op at KD for 5 years and now my boyfriend is converting me to a coaster enthusiast, lol. Big Grin
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Welcome Lauren, I hope that you enjoy the site. Did you watch the podcast? If so what did you think about it and if not please view it and tell us what you think.

Maybe we will see you at KD sometime. What ride are you stationed at?
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM

Welcome Fergusonat! Love the quote on BGEscape.com
Quote: "^ Brought to you by Clint who also got the idea for the then BGWescape.com site. I'm glad they finally got that off the ground."
LoL I get credit for BGWescape!

Nice to have you on the site as well Lauren!
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM

Coaster Rose Wrote:Welcome Lauren, I hope that you enjoy the site. Did you watch the podcast? If so what did you think about it and if not please view it and tell us what you think.

Maybe we will see you at KD sometime. What ride are you stationed at?

I'm not there this year. I used to work Rebel Yell/Carrousel and Shockwave/Triple Spin. I want to go back, but I think 5 years is probably plenty for now, lol.
07-12-2008, 02:11 AM

Why not go back if you liked it Lauren? Did you feel you were getting to old for the job, or was the job getting kind of old to you? I used to know people who enjoyed working there so much that even after they got a career elsewhere, they would still work there very limited, maybe once a week or so.
07-14-2008, 09:39 AM

Keep up the good work. Smile
Thread Closed