Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Universal Orlando/SeaWorld/BGT Trip Report
03-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Universal Orlando/SeaWorld/BGT Trip Report
2-27-12 - Monday:
CityWalk Day
Today was the day I had been waiting for since November, the trip! I woke up at 4:00 and was ready to take the nine hour trip.
At 5:30 in the morning we got to Goldsboro, NC heading to I-95. Some Mustang with no lisence plates tried to race us. We stopped to get some food at Bojangles!
6:10 and we got on I-95. Next Stop I-4.
At about 7:30 I passed by South of the Border and finally got to South Carolina. I got irritated with all the South of the Border billboards. There were almost two every mile.
About 10:30 we got to Georgia. Saw a bunch of RVs heading North. Must have been leaving the Dayton 500. It's been raining since South Carolina. South Carolina took FOREVER to get through.
12:00 on the dot and we are in Florida!
At 1:40 we got to Daytona Beach.
We got to Orlando at 2:35 and we were in our hotel room within five minutes of getting there.
As of 3:00, I have seen Doctor Doom's Fearfall, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. After we got settled in the Hard Rock Hotel we went walking at CityWalk. We got to see most of the rides on the way to CityWalk. When we got back to the Hard Rock we went and ate at the Kitchen, one of my favorite restaurants. We watched the boring Daytona 500 and when to bed.

2-28-12 - Tuesday:
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Day
We got to the park around 7:30 for our early entry thanks to the Hard Rock Hotel. We were the second people in line. When we got in the park at 8:00, we went straight to Wizarding World. We got on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey with no wait. After, we went to Ollivander's to get our wands and had no wait on that either. Then we went to Dragon's Challenge (Dueling Dragons) and rode Chinese Fireball and had an great ride. Me and my sister went and rode Flight of the Hippogriff after! We were done with Harry Potter for the day and it was at a perfect time, the opening of the park and everybody was heading for Potter.
We went to the Dr. Suess Trolly Car and had a very fun ride on that. Yes, I do love little kid rides. Then we went to Cat in the Hat which I love.
Time for the reunion of my first coaster! HULK. This was very rough, not so great this time. My sister said we don't get wet on Jurassic Park, even though I knew we did, so we rode it, got soaked, but loved it.
For lunch we went to Mythos. I loved the theming for this restaurant. Great view of Hulk and even better food. I had a grilled chicken sandwich. For the first time ever, I went to Poseidon's Fury and it was awesome. Great special effects, but needs better graphics if they want to keep it around.
Then to Universal Studios!
We did Shrek 4D first and it was awesome, as always. Revenge of the Mummy, The Simpson's Ride, Men in Black: Alien Attack, E.T. were all awesome. I also did Woody Woodpecker's Coaster.
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was saved for last on the list. I listened to For Whom the Bell's Told by Metallica thanks to the hidden tracks. I've actually only ridden Rockit once without listening to Metallica. I have listened to Cyanide once or twice.
We got to go eat at the biggest Hard Rock Cafe in the World for dinner. We went to the pool and watched a little bit of Shrek then got some ice cream at Emacks.

Ride/Show Count and Ratings:
*Ratings 1 (horrible) 10 (amazing)
*Ride count first, rating second.

Islands of Adventure -
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - 1 - 10
Dueling Dragons - 1 - 10
Flight of the Hippogriff - 1 - 8
Dr. Suess Trolly Car - 1 - 10
The Cat in the Hat - 1 -10
Hulk Coaster - 1 - 6
Jurassic Park - 1 - 10
Poseidon's Fury - 1 - 9

Universal Studios -
Shrek 4D - 1 - 10
Revenge of the Mummy - 1 - 10
The Simpson's Ride - 1 - 9
Men in Black: Alien Attack - 1 - 10
E.T. - 1 - 10
Woody Woodpeckers Coaster - 1 - 7
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - 1 - 10

Top Coasters -
1. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
2. Revenge of the Mummy
3. Dragon's Challenge (Dueling Dragons)
4. The Incredible Hulk Coaster

Favorite Ride - Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

2-29-12 - Leap Day - Wednesday:
SeaWorld Orlando/Downtown Disney Day
Once again, we woke up very early, but this time for SeaWorld. When we got to the park we rode my first lay down roller coaster, Manta. When we got off, we did it again.
We really wanted to see most of the shows so we did Blue Horizons. It was much better than One Ocean.
We did Journey to Atlantis which turned out to be my favorite ride.
Then we did Kraken. Did not like it very much. It made me feel very nauseous.
One Ocean was next and it was great.
Wild Arctic was not one of my favorites.
We went and ate at Spice Mills Cafe for lunch. Then, came the SkyTower. I got a ton of great pictures. Right before we left we decided to ride Journey to Atlantis again and we went back to the Hotel and got ready for DownTown Disney.
When we got there we went to the Candy Cauldron. We didn't buy anything.
After that, we went an ate at Planet Hollywood. I had a cheesesteak.
When we got done eating, we went to Cirque du Soliel. It was amazing. The best part were the two clowns. The guys on the bikes were also awesome.
We got back to the Hard Rock Hotel at about 11:20. I wrote this, uploaded some pictures to Facebook, and went to bed already excited for the next day at Busch Gardens in Tampa.

SeaWorld Orlando -
Manta - 2 - 10
Blue Horizons - 1 - 10
Journey to Atlantis - 2 - 10
Kraken - 1 - 6
One Ocean - 1 - 9
Wild Arctic - 1 - 7
SkyTower - 1 - 10

Top Coasters -
1. Manta
2. Journey to Atlantis
3. Kraken

Favorite Ride - Journey to Atlantis

3-1-12 - Thursday:
Busch Gardens Tampa Day
Today was amazing. This was my first time visiting this park and I had a short eight hours to do everything.
We got there, rode the tram, and found out there was no wait for anything. We got to Cheetah Hunt with no wait. We rode that and met up with my grandfather and cousin who we see every three years or more. We did Cheetah Hunt again because my cousin wanted to do it.
We went looking for SheiKra, but got lost. So we did Scorpion. I didn't really like it. It was slow and boring.
We found SheiKra and loved it. New 2nd favorite roller coaster, under Intimidator 305.
We ate at the Crown Colony House. It was pretty good and clean for a restaurant at a theme park.
We rode the train after we ate. Got a couple good pictures.
We went back to SheiKra and loved it again.
After, we did all three water rides. The Stanley Falls Flume I didn't get wet on. Tanganyika Tidal Wave I got my shirt wet on. Right at the end of the ride I got soaked on Congo River Rapids. Head to toe in water. My shoes are still wet and I rode it five hours ago.
We did Kumba to try and get dry, that was failed.
Then we did Gwazi. I didn't like it at all. It made me miss Grizzly.
We were still soaked so we did Montu. Remind me to never ride it again. Too many inversions.
And with that the day was done.

Busch Gardens Tampa -
Cheetah Hunt - 2 - 10
Scorpion - 1 - 7
SheiKra - 2 - 10
Stanley Log Flume - 1 - 6
Tanganyika Tidal Wave - 1 - 8
Congo River Rapids - 1 - 10
Kumba - 1 - 7
Gwazi - 1 - 6
Montu - 1 - 5

Top Coasters -
1. SheiKra
2. Cheetah Hunt
3. Kumba
4. Scorpion
5. Gwazi
6. Montu

Favorite Ride - SheiKra

3-2-12 - Friday:
Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Day
We did early access again. We rode Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey first.
Then we rode Dragon's Challenge three times in a row.
Cat in the Hat was awesome, like it always is.
We did Hulk. It wasn't too rough like it was Tuesday.
Then we did Doctor Doom's Fearfall. Scariest ride ever.
Time for Universal Studios.
First thing we did was Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. It was great.
We went over to the Revenge of the Mummy and rode that three times.
We rode Men in Black: Alien Attack and it was great.
E.T. was awesome and so was Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit again.
We went back to Islands of Adventure to do Jurassic Park. We got soaked but loved it.
We got off of that and did Dragon's Challenge three more times.
We did Doctor Doom's Fearfall again and went back to Universal Studios.
All we did at Universal Studios was Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and did Revenge of the Mummy three more times. After that we hung out at the pool for Despicable Me. We got bored of it and went to CityWalk. At CityWalk we did the Si-Fi version of Mini Golf. We got went and ate a burger and came back and did the Haunted side. With that, my trip to Florida was completed.

Islands of Adventure -
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - 1 - 10
Dueling Dragons - 6 - 10
The Cat in the Hat - 1 -10
Hulk Coaster - 1 - 8
Doctor Doom's Fearfall - 2 - 10
Jurassic Park - 1 - 10

Universal Studios -
Revenge of the Mummy - 6 - 10
The Simpson's Ride - 1 - 10
Men in Black: Alien Attack - 1 - 10
E.T. - 1 - 10
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - 2 - 10

Top Coasters -
1. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
2. Revenge of the Mummy
3. Dragon's Challenge (Dueling Dragons)
4. The Incredible Hulk Coaster

Favorite Ride - Revenge of the Mummy

Overall Top 5 Coasters -
1. SheiKra
2. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
3. Cheetah Hunt
4. Revenge of the Mummy
5. Manta

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Re: Universal Orlando/SeaWorld/BGT Trip Report
Very nice trip report! Very detailed. Love it!

President of the El Dorado Historical Revidalization Board
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply