Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Advice - Cedar Point
04-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Need Advice - Cedar Point
Alright so my family usually takes a yearly trip to Florida to hit Universal and Hollywood Studios, well, they havent added anything super amazing this year so were looking at other options. So we've decided to hit the local parks (KD and BGW) and Cedar Point and possibly Dollywood.

So I need some advice for Cedar Point;

[list]

[*]Where to stay that's nice, but cheep?
[*]How many days should I set aside?
[*]I own 2 gold passes for KD - is it going to be more cost effective to upgrade those 2 to platinum or just buy tickets(its 4 of us)?
[*]When should I go?
[*]Any other advice?
[/list:u]

Thanks a million guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Re: Need Advice - Cedar Point
raggedrebel92 Wrote:[list]
[*]Where to stay that's nice, but cheep?[/list:u]

This one I'm really not sure. I haven't been to the point in 4 years. Me and Clint went a bunch of times and stayed at the "Microtel" but I think its out of business.

[*]How many days should I set aside?[/list:u]

I would say probably two days

[*]I own 2 gold passes for KD - is it going to be more cost effective to upgrade those 2 to platinum or just buy tickets(its 4 of us)?[/list:u]

Looks like to upgrade would cost you around $80. So I'd say buy tickets, look around for discounts.

[*]When should I go? [/list:u]

Not on a Saturday during Halloweekends!!
Not quite sure on this one. Try to avoid Saturdays. If you have four people, I'd look into fastlane. Seems like a good deal

[*]Any other advice?[/list:u]

Outside the park, stop at Chet and Matt's for some good pizza
If you like beer, they sell beer in souvenir plastic boots in the saloon
I LOVE the big arcade on the main midway
Ride the train
04-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I found out we will also be making a trip out to the point this summer as well as KD and BGW. Super excited because I've never been to any of these parks!

I'm going with my parents and my mom doesn't really ride coasters that often so do you think Fast Lane would still be worth it just for two people? We will be there on a Friday and Saturday in Mid-June.

Also what rides would you say we should hit first at all three parks? I really don't know a whole lot about these parks other than what I've heard on the show.

It'd be awesome to meet up with some of you guys if I could! Living in California I never thought I'd get to go on a trip like this.

Almost forgot to mention at the end of the trip we're adding on Universal Studios to check out Wizarding World as well Big Grin Any additional advice for me would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
04-24-2012, 05:03 PM
wazomike Wrote:I'm going with my parents and my mom doesn't really ride coasters that often so do you think Fast Lane would still be worth it just for two people? We will be there on a Friday and Saturday in Mid-June.

Friday maybe, Saturday definitely

wazomike Wrote:Also what rides would you say we should hit first at all three parks? I really don't know a whole lot about these parks other than what I've heard on the show.

CP - They open certain rides early for resort guests. Last time I was there it was maverick and millenium. If it is still those two, go to dragster first as the other two lines will be long
BGW - I would assume Verbolten then maybe Darkastle
KD - Volcano, Volcano, Volcano

wazomike Wrote:Almost forgot to mention at the end of the trip we're adding on Universal Studios to check out Wizarding World as well Big Grin Any additional advice for me would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Wizarding World rules. Wand shop show always has a crazy line so go really early or really late. Forbidden Journey has a single rider line, which gets you on quickly but skips a lot of the cool queue. Butterbeer line is always shortest in the pub.