Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5/5/12 KD trip report.
05-06-2012, 12:51 AM
5/5/12 KD trip report.
Went out to KD today despite the forecast of a 40% chance of rain(which turned out to be a 100% downpour by late afternoon)& arrived at around 11:30 AM/12:00pm.

Crowds weren't too bad & waits weren't too long at least for the stuff we went on with next to nobody using fastlane with FOF being the longest line of the day.After eating lunch first thing we rode ricochet & that was a mistake for me as the two slices of pizza I had eaten decided to come up as a result of the ride but good thing I was able to keep it down.Managed to get my GF on windseeker(she hated it due to the height) so after she & my friend got off he & I rode together while she waited for us,also took in a ride on americana as well.

Went over to congo next as she seems to love backlot,FOF & volcano for some reason but the line for backlot was outragously long so we skipped it & went to anaconda instead & this is where the problem started since someone stole her camera out of the bin while we were on the ride & as if that weren't bad enough it was at that point that it started pouring down rain,it just wouldn't stop so we made the unwise decision to eat at outer hanks for dinner & unfortunately the food there sucks&is way too salty for our liking.

At least the rains let up after a good couple of hours & thinned out the crowds as a result...next to every ride we went on was nearly a walk on or at most a two train wait with the only acceptions being Dominator,backlot & FOF....backlot was running the blue & white trains today with red still on storage track but two out of three trains running isn't bad.

I finally got the coveted night ride on windseeker this evening & the lighting package really makes the ride look great at night,Iwonder if KD's has a slightly different lighting package than the others in the chain? I don't recall in any videos I've seen of the other models having a yellow & blue alternating light sequence like KD's has....by mid to late evening the woodies were running well & were walk ons we managed to get two laps in on rebel yell without having to exit the train & closed out the evening with four laps on grizzly without having to get off other than to switch from the front to the 2nd car but pretty mcuh had the train to ourselves after that.

At least it wasn't a battle to get out of the lot like usual to get home(thanks to the rains thinning out the crowds)but Istill didn't get home till nearly 1am thanks in part to taking 17 to get home instead of going up 95 all the way to my neck of the woods.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Re: 5/5/12 KD trip report.
I know not all the lighting programs on the WindSeekers are the same as I heard Carowinds' is only red, white, & blue.

I'm glad you had a good day besides the rain and the camera being stolen.
05-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Re: 5/5/12 KD trip report.
alex4hokies Wrote:I know not all the lighting programs on the WindSeekers are the same as I heard Carowinds' is only red, white, & blue.

I'm glad you had a good day besides the rain and the camera being stolen.

I think I'm gonna review some videos to see the different lighting packages on all six models just to spot any subtle differences.At least she went out & bought a new camera today but of course we're still a little unhappy about it getting stolen in the first palce but other than that it was ok.