HersheyPark
Kings Dominion
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2012 A Year In Review
10-28-2012, 12:35 PM
2012 A Year In Review
With Six Flags America And Kings Dominions Season ending I think its rightfully time for my 2012 review.

2012 was very big for Six Flags America (SFA), Bush Gardens Williamsburg (BGW), Dollywood (DW), Hershey Park (HP), Kings Dominion (KD) and many more. With new coasters, Rides, Shows and Improvements. I'm very happy with many things that happened in the span from April-October, But in some ways I'm disappointed with this season too.

Six Flags America: I'm in some ways ashamed to say that this is my home park. It's almost like Six Flags is ashamed that they own the park. With no new coasters from 2001-2011. 2012 was a huge year for the park even though it was a 20 year old coaster from Great America i was very excited to hear that this was coming to the park. A fresh new ride, but it was disappointing that Skull Mountain was being removed. The water park announcement frustrated me at first but now I'm looking forward to 2013 to ride it.

Bush Gardens Williamsburg: 2009 seen the fall of the great Big Bad Wolf but 2012 presented the rise of a new legend. One of mystery and darkness. 2012 BGW brought the autobahn to America just with a little trick up its sleeve. Verbolten was well planned and executed. With the perfect balance of theming and thrill. I'm very happy with the 10 year plan on this park. Griffon-DarKastle-Mach Tower. Now this perfect way to keep guests coming.

Dollywood: Wild Eagle. Thats all I can say that coaster makes the park have a good verity. When 2007's Mystery Mine debuted i thought how could they top that. Welp here is your answer a B&M that is done clean and beautifully completed. A master piece of the year. Dollywood I'm very proud of this park. This design of the rides are great, landscaping is a strong part of the park.

HersheyPark: Yes Intimans surprise of the year the last place we expected to get a coaster got one. A good one too but sadly i never road SkyRush I missed it by 2 weeks. Im waiting to ride this next year.

Kings Dominion: I saved the best for last..... The park is an amazing blend of thrill and family attractions and this year they combined them both. Windseeker a 300ft chain swing towering above Doswell. I rode Windseeker at Cedar Point and Kings Dominion and i felt that the view was a celebration to nature. This is a Great Ride For Night Time.

WINNERS AND LOSERS OF 2012

Winner Six Flags. You paid $20 to park there so you paid for their next ride in 6 years.... What other park do you know that can take a 20 year old legend and make it a masterpiece.

Loser Fright Fest. The worst halloween experience ever. But that's another topic.

Loser Son of Beast. With a string of accidents, closings, repairs, five lawsuits, settlements and one trial would ultimately bring down the illegitimate child of a wood coaster.

Winner Paramount Parks. Look whose back. Just not in the USA.

Winner B&M. With 7 coasters this year they are looping all the way to the bank.

Winner The Mayans. 2012 had the most end of the world themed coasters. Apocalypse, The Swarm, Nemesis: Sub Terra.....

Loser Everyone that bought a Fast Lane/Flash Pass. Total waste of $. 10 Years Ago we had theme park strategies and plans.

Loser Kings Island. They have lost 2 big name attractions The Crypt which needed to go cause nothing was happening and Son Of Beast read above.

Ultimate Winner Disaster Transport. Finally put out of its misery. Sweet dreams.....

Ultimate Loser Kentucky Kingdom. No body likes over protective parents and in this case a fair board.

-Thanks For Reading

BIZARRO #1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Re: 2012 A Year In Review
Paramount isn't exactly "back in action" yet. Yeah they've had a groundbreaking ceremony, but so did Universal Dubai and we all know how that turned out.

Upcharge fastpasses are really only good for busy days. Otherwise, they're a waste of money. I'd honestly rather see parks put limits on the number of fastpasses used and make them free like what Disney does.

2012 seems like a good year for theme parks in general. 2013, not so much. I expected a few more additions to come in next year (especially after how big both 2011 and 2012 were).

Artwork: http://dvn225.deviantart.com - http://www.facebook.com/dans.awesome.artwork
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2012, 02:50 PM
I haven't been to Dollywood, so I can't include the park in my rankings.

Best New Ride:
1.) Hersheypark - Skyrush
2.) Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Verbolten
3.) Six Flags America - Apaocalypse
4.) Kings Dominion - Windseeker

Best Halloween Event: (I didn't go to Hershey for Halloween)
1.) Kings Dominion
2.) Six Flags America
3.) Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Why are you so down on SFA Fright Fest?

I also can't disagree with you more about the last 5-10 years at Busch Gardens.

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I am down on SFA Fright Fest because last night I went and The actors broke character, were taking pictures they did an intimidation scare where if you react they go after you and stay on you. They were in groups just talking. You had to pay extra for haunted houses. They only ran 1 train on every coaster. The actors weren't scary they didn't try to be. Where you thought they were gonna be they weren't. They were packed too packed for 8pm. And under staffed i only seen 20 scareactors. Compared to Halloween Haunt/ Halloween Horror Nights it was awful.

BIZARRO #1
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
xTHE EDG3x Wrote:The actors weren't scary they didn't try to be. Where you thought they were gonna be they weren't.

Isn't it good that they weren't where you thought they would be?

xTHE EDG3x Wrote:Compared to Halloween Haunt/ Halloween Horror Nights it was awful.

I wouldn't compare SFA FF or KD HH to Halloween Horror Nights...

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1