Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble for Gwazi?
01-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Trouble for Gwazi?
Screamscape is report and some rumors going around staff at BGT that Gwazi's maintenance budget has been slashed so much that it's no longer possible to run both sides. Of course this is just a rumor, but if true could this be the beginning of the end?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_tampa.htm">http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_tampa.htm</a><!-- m -->
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Re: Trouble for Gwazi?
I don't really care for the ride, but that does kind of suck. If they do permanently close the tiger side, I think it is just a matter of time before the whole thing comes down.

Team Classy #1!
01-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Scummy move for a otherwise world class park
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or does this seem to a trend with dual/racing wooden coasters? It just cost too much to maintain both of them.
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
That blows if that's true. I mean to me the dueling aspect isn't as great as 'Dueling Dragons' (i refuse to call it dragon challenge). If both sides weren't running, I wouldn't ride it because I want to ride both sides and having one side only will make the lines longer.
I want to know why it took so long for them to change the cars when the company that built the coaster has manufactured their own trains much earlier? To me the damage was already done by running the ptc trains all those years instead of the custom trains. And what's this about cannibalizing the 2 trains? They are 2 yrs old aren't they? I mean is the structure that bad that the trains were that 'damaged' running on the tracks?
So if it turns out this is the start of the end where it becomes too costly to even save the coaster, I'd hope they'd tear it down and put a steel coaster in place. Preferably a hyper or wing coaster.

As for the Rhino rally thing, I do hope they do make whatever expansions/changes because ever since the loss of the raft portion, the ride now just sucks.
Find all posts by this user