Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Political Discussions with Travis
03-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Political Discussions with Travis
So for those of you that don't know, I am a sophomore political science major at James Madison University. I am creating this thread just to see if we have any politically inclined people on the boards who'd be willing to debate (considerately) on here or perhaps elsewhere. I have my own beliefs and I'm pretty hard-set in them, but ask anyone, I'll play devil's advocate with anyone. I don't want to set a topic, I just want to see where it goes. I'm open to anything.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Political Discussions with Travis
Come on guys, no one? Bummer...

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
03-30-2013, 01:22 AM
All I will say is politics, religion, etc.. those types of threads never end well. I've been on a few places where in the end it all became vitriolic (personal attacks) and changed no one's opinions on some issues. I'd rather not 'hate' someone because they prefer one ideology over another.
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Exactly. No place for these kind of threads on a theme park forum IMO.

If you want to debate, do it in private. Through PM's...and even that is at your own risk.

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1
03-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Sorry for having faith in people to be mature... obviously I knew what I was getting myself into, this is what I want to do for a living. I wouldn't have created the thread in the first place if I thought it was going to turn into an argument.

Also, this is in the "general chat" section, so anything is pretty much open to discussion.

Mods, delete this, lock it, or whatever. I suppose I was wrong to hope for maturity.

03-27-2014, 06:42 AM
It is wonderful discussion of travis. I like it.