Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Post Ranking
02-18-2009, 06:41 PM

Well I just noticed it and didn't know if you had done anything to graduate to a capital E so I figured I would say congrats anyway.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM

I dont think its a bad idea, if people can be mature enough to realize there not cool just because they posted 2000 times. Unfortunatly people on this forum have not always proved themselves in showing lots of maturity.

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
Find all posts by this user
02-26-2009, 03:57 PM

I think there should be 2 ranks, 1 you start off with, and 1 you get when you achieve like 300 post to receive recognition for your dedication to the site.

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM

What are the post ranks anyway?

I know around 315 it starts grizzly
You start off at the beginning with the Eiffel Tower
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM

Travis Wrote:I think a ranking system would be good, however I think Reece's may be a bit steep, I mean no one on here has gotten over 500 posts yet I don't think. I'm also not a real fan of the names, well some of them are all right. I like LCG's reputation idea though. Also, is it possible if once someone goes above a certain number, can they get a custom title?

Oh and congrats Nick on getting the E in your screen name capitalized.

EDIT: After thinking about it, post-whoring would be increased on here with a post ranking system. I am still all for the reputation idea though.

I'd like to second this idea. Being a software engineer, I post on Stack Overflow, which is a Q&A site for programming. They have a really good reputation system for their users. People's answers are voted on by the community, and they get 10 points for each vote up and lose 2 for each vote down. Users have a daily limit for how much voting they can do, and they can only vote once per post. If people post nonsense it will quickly get voted down. Also, the reputation feature can be turned off for some posts (they call those "community wiki").

I've seen a few users here and on a lot of other forums that have artificially increased their post count with short posts or posts with little to no meaningful content. Reputation would help separate folks who really contribute from those who are causing trouble or just have a lot of spare time and waste it here.
02-12-2010, 03:01 PM

^I can agree with you on the inflating of posts, some dude on here (not naming names, figure it out for yourself) has 40 posts in 5 days, thats 8 posts a day, he'll be up to 240 in a month at this rate!
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM

kdisdabomb Wrote:^I can agree with you on the inflating of posts, some dude on here (not naming names, figure it out for yourself) has 40 posts in 5 days, thats 8 posts a day, he'll be up to 240 in a month at this rate!
Its not like my posts are pointless though, they all have meaning.

Besides who really cares about post rankings anyway? If we didn't have them i would still post the same amount.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartcoastersvids

check out my channel!!!!!
02-12-2010, 07:07 PM

coaster fanatic Wrote:
kdisdabomb Wrote:^I can agree with you on the inflating of posts, some dude on here (not naming names, figure it out for yourself) has 40 posts in 5 days, thats 8 posts a day, he'll be up to 240 in a month at this rate!
Its not like my posts are pointless though, they all have meaning.

Besides who really cares about post rankings anyway? If we didn't have them i would still post the same amount.

Yeah me too - I just realized what my ranking was the other day.

I Have No Homeboy.