Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Rebel Yell Topic
02-22-2009, 04:57 PM

I only rode Rebel Yell twice this season.
I do still like it, it's a lot of fun.
Once was for fun, once I dragged my mom on it for the first time in like 20 years.

[Image: bradsig3qt7.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2009, 07:04 AM

^My parents HATE that ride. They say it hurts there backs and stuff and I have to practically offer suicide to get them on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM

Rebel Yell is cool - it's the first "big" coaster I rode. Also, I remember as a kid my pastor riding it with all of the kids who went on the church trip to KD.
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM

I love Rebel Yell!
I miss the backwards side so much thought it was the best part of the ride.
I remember that so much I loved it.
And miss it.
The backwards miss.

Did that make sense?

haha,

well anyways. My mom rode it with me and my dad once and will never ride it again. my dad is the big afraid of coasters and my mom rides them all and loves them except that one. she said that she forgot to wear a bra that day cause she had a bathing suit on and she said her boobs were flying up and down and it hurt.

haha, she's all, i'll never ride that. again.
02-25-2009, 06:37 AM

^OMG!!!! That's crazy!
05-12-2009, 12:46 PM

I love the Rebel Yell. The backwards part use to be my favorite non-looping coaster. I loved that you couldn't see what was coming and It gave me more of a rush. I still love the forwards side and can't wait to ride it again!
05-30-2009, 11:08 AM

Maybe it's just me, but the Rebel Yell seemed smoother at the part where you go up the hill and you loop back and the ride starts going back to the station. (I hope people know what I'm talking about.) At least that's the impression hubby and I got yesterday.
05-30-2009, 11:45 AM

HuaracheKid Wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the Rebel Yell seemed smoother at the part where you go up the hill and you loop back and the ride starts going back to the station. (I hope people know what I'm talking about.) At least that's the impression hubby and I got yesterday.

I *still* have not gotten to ride the rebel yell this year!!!

I Have No Homeboy.
05-31-2009, 10:05 AM

HuaracheKid Wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the Rebel Yell seemed smoother at the part where you go up the hill and you loop back and the ride starts going back to the station. (I hope people know what I'm talking about.) At least that's the impression hubby and I got yesterday.
That's cause they retracked it

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
05-31-2009, 10:06 AM

yesterday i went on the right side in the back and the whole ride was really fast and smooth! i loved it
05-31-2009, 10:08 AM

I agree "It's so smoooth, It's so smooth, my a@# is coming out of my seat.
Will Holder

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
06-25-2009, 01:34 AM

Backwards =/ I miss it. nuff said. Sad

Frontwards is alright when they race them.

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
06-25-2009, 09:49 AM

i still havent rode rebel yell this year... its not the same fwds. :?
06-25-2009, 10:00 AM

I rode Rebel Yell 63 times last year, but only 2 times after August. That's when I realized how much it sucks. Only 5 rides this year.

Currently Banned
06-25-2009, 11:32 AM

Love Rebel Yell...when it races! It is a better design than Racer at King's Island because the trains stay side by side longer. At King's Island they split into the turnaround a couple hills earlier.

We went in June, and they were only running 1 train on the entire coaster because of the park attendance. All the wooden coasters were that way. Which is understandable because they receive more wear and tear over time. On Rebel Yell, 2 sides also requires more payroll.

However, racing is 1/2 the experience on a racing coaster, and I would much rather see them run 2 trains with longer waits between runs (wait until both trains get full enough) than just running 1 train.

When they run 2 trains, do the ops normally try to race the trains or do they just let them go when full?