Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Rebel Yell Topic
06-25-2009, 12:06 PM

super7 Wrote:When they run 2 trains, do the ops normally try to race the trains or do they just let them go when full?
Depends on the ride ops - I've seen them do both.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2009, 08:01 PM

Ahh the memories......I loved the ride. First wood coaster I ever rode....and the only backwards coaster i have ever been on period. that was a great idea. Did they get rid of the backwards side because of too many complaints that it was a rough ride??
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Blacksm1th Wrote:Ahh the memories......I loved the ride. First wood coaster I ever rode....and the only backwards coaster i have ever been on period. that was a great idea. Did they get rid of the backwards side because of too many complaints that it was a rough ride??

More or less, Paramount did all of it's own coaster maintenence and when CF bought the park they had an outside company do the maintanence. The company doing the maintenence said they would only work on RY if it was run the way it was designed to run (forwards) so now it's forwards only. :cry: So Sad. It was my 2nd fav. coaster.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-26-2009, 06:28 PM

That make me feel like maybe the reverse , although fun was somewhat unsafe or incredibly damaging to the track/cars....or maybe it was just a conract/insurance problem with the contracted maintenance company....either way that stinks...i remember the days of Foward V.S. Reverse .....So interesting to watch other people riding..and was easier to view everyone else...sick set up...RIP Reverse....
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Does anyone remember when they used to have lights on this ride? When did they take them out? (I remember as a kid riding it at night there used to be lights on the ride as you were going up the hill.) I used to think the lights were so cool. Smile
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM

^Like the lights that are on Dominator now?
07-08-2009, 01:38 PM

BuschSchoe Wrote:^Like the lights that are on Dominator now?

Kinda, but not exactly. They would flicker red, white & blue if I remember correctly.
07-08-2009, 08:17 PM

They were red, white, and blue in which it was chasers. I was shown on the front side of RY.
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM

I tell you what I rode Rebel Yell in the back car the other night (monday) and it was smooth. It was so crazy I actually rode a wooden coaster at KD and didn't have to worry about getting hurt. It reminded me how much I used to love that ride, and now I see why it's the only woodie we got that I always see with a line.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM

i absolutely hate rebel yell. it hurts my back and chest from sharp hills.
07-15-2009, 02:55 PM

^ Then don't ride it.
07-15-2009, 06:02 PM

I've learned that there is a way to ride wooden coasters to minimize the "OWCH" factor. It's kind of hard to explain, and I won't get into it here, unless you would like for me to share. I typed it out, then e-read it and thought, "Man, this is long. What if they don't want to read all of this.... lol" Anywho... I love the wooden coasters (yes, ALL OF THEM) that we have at KD, but they were starting to take their toll on my body. ( I hate getting old... grumble) So, I figured out that there are certain things that I can do while on the ride. Maybe they will work for you, maybe they won't. Bottom line: If you want to ride them, you have to find out what works best for your body. My tip: Ride in the front car a few times, this way you can really watch the track (Don't if it makes you puke...lol) and see and feel the track. I know it sounds crazy, but it will "tell" you where the rough spots are.

Let me know if you want to hear what my little tricks are. I'd be happy to share them with you, but don't want to waste anyone's time. :-)

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM

haha I have a much simpler method!

Sit in the very back row, and sit with your legs crossed so you recieve the most pain possible. lol

But really, if you don't like how rough wooden roller coasters are, then don't ride them. It's that simple.
07-15-2009, 06:35 PM

Griffonluv Wrote:haha I have a much simpler method!

Sit in the very back row, and sit with your legs crossed so you recieve the most pain possible. lol

But really, if you don't like how rough wooden roller coasters are, then don't ride them. It's that simple.

I tend to agree. Personally, I don't think the Grizzly, Hurler, or Rebel Yell are really that rough and part of the charm for me when riding a wooden coaster is that it isn't the smoothest ride in the world and you do get thrown around a bit. Hurler has awesome airtime and is fun, the Grizzly is just the Grizzly and the Rebel Yell's first drop, as well as the whole ride, is sweet. I like all 3 coasters, with the Hurler being my favorite because of the airtime.
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM

Yes, there are sooo much rougher wooden coasters out there; not to mention a few steel coasters rougher than these 3 combined.

I also think Hurler is a pretty nice ride. It may be somewhat rough, but the airtime is pretty nice. My favorite is Grizzly though, because of it's layout and great sense of speed.