Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Rebel Yell Topic
04-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Re: Official Rebel Yell Page
Anyone have a chance to ride the Yell this season?The park has done & is in the process of doing a thorough retracking job on southside,the ride is now running like new again for much of the course.

If the track work on southside is this good then I have high hopes that northside will once again provide a great ride when it opens later this month.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I went on it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyone know with the work if one side will run backwards? or is that not allowed with the current trains?

149 Coasters & Counting (119 Steel / 30 Wood)
-------
30th Wooden Coaster: Thunderhead @ Dollywood on 5/13
150th Coaster: Cyclone @ Coney Island on 9/1
04-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately, when Cedar Fair purchased the park from Paramount, both North and South side run only forwards now. I too rode it yesterday(southside)and I will say it was a lot smoother that it has been in years past. Win KD!

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Re: Official Rebel Yell Topic
I wished I could've rode this coaster in reverse, but I guess i would trust CF to manage their rides over Paramount lol. I still don't like PTC trains and even though it is an out and back, I don't understand why each cars have 3 rows of seats. If it were up to me, I'd demolish Hurler and use those 2 trains for one side of Rebel yell.

This year they only ran one side or the one closer to hurler. I wished they had both sides running so there could be a race, but I guess the park only wants to pay one group of ride ops vs 2.
09-06-2012, 07:35 PM
nyc_phil Wrote:I still don't like PTC trains and even though it is an out and back, I don't understand why each cars have 3 rows of seats. If it were up to me, I'd demolish Hurler and use those 2 trains for one side of Rebel yell.
Heck no! That non-wheel middle seat is the best!

I Have No Homeboy.
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Lol, well it was worth a shot. In that case nm then. Wink