Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kings Dominion Camp Wilderness 2014 Expansion/Renovation
01-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Kings Dominion Camp Wilderness 2014 Expansion/Renovation
Thanks Clint for the Scoop on the Camp Wilderness Campground Expansion and Upgrade! I thought I would set up a forum topic for this in case anyone is interested talking about it.

I think it is nice to see the Campground getting some love for 2014. I really don't think it has had any major renovation work or been expanded since it opened in 1977.

It seems that the KD campground improvements has been on Cedar Fair's radar for some time. I remember someone interviewing former CEO Dick Kinzel about 4-5 years ago. He stated that he would have liked to do improvements to the KD campground; but, due to budget restraints, Cedar Fair had to put those improvements off until sometime in the future.

It looks like 2014 is the year!

As far as the cabin layout and elevation document is concerned, it might not have been a mistake. If the cabins being installed at Cedar Point and Kings Dominion are identical, they probably saved time and money by using Cedar Point's doc instead of creating another identical doc for Kings Dominion.

I think these cabins are modular (pre-built) and are brought in on a flat bed truck and sat on the foundation. The cabins might be small enough to come in as a one-piece unit or maybe in 2-3 pieces max.

As far as when the campground will open, Kings Dominion's campground web page states late spring/early summer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2014, 09:41 AM
RE: Kings Dominion Camp Wilderness 2014 Expansion/Renovation
I'm really excited about the upgrades! It's going to be nice for tourists to have another lodging option in the immediate area. The cabins look really comfy and I bet that it will create a few jobs as well (housekeeping?). Looking at the photos, I'm willing to bet that they are prebuilt and sat on a foundation.

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Kings Dominion Camp Wilderness 2014 Expansion/Renovation
When is the campground gonna open?

Drop Tower is my favorite flat ride!
Intimidator 305 is my favorite roller coaster!
These are my Kings Dominion favorites!

Coaster Count: 87
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user