Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Crypt Official Topic
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
The Crypt Official Topic
Ive been going to Kings Dominion for a while now and have never been on the Crypt. I have been told by various friends that the restraints are painful and it pauses in the middle of the ride too much. Is it worth rideing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2008, 07:56 AM

I have rode the crypt and I did not care for it. I do not like rides that spin so that may be why. It made me ill. After I rode it I could not ride anything else. Spinny rides are not for me. Those are the reasons. I did not find any problem with the restraints. It does pause a bit but that is the way the ride goes.
07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
INdoors!!!!!!!!
Crypt is ok,, but the one at Kings Island is insane,, because its indoors.. So ya that should put it indoors.. that would be cool

I love John Pagel in a pink tie!! haha

YOUTUBE: dthmtlgtrst
bunches of coaster vids
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM

I did enjoy king Islands better than kd's. I think you are right cause it is in doors
08-04-2008, 12:05 PM

I didn't find the restraints painful at all. The spinning and hanging are freaky, but it is not a really long ride, so it wasn't as bad as it looked from the ground.

I recommend riding at night because the flames were much more dramatic looking then, and the mist/steam was cooler looking too.

Load Clear!
Exit Clear!
All Clear!
Yer outa here!!
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM

Maybe the next time I am at KD at night I might give it another try. If anything for the different ride experience
08-04-2008, 10:09 PM

There is a difference in which side of the crypt you ride on. I prefer to ride only on the side facing the fountain (away from the volcano). In this side, the "pressure" or force of spinning is on my bottom....the other side puts pressure on your head.

That can make for some bad headaches....
08-05-2008, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the tip. I might try that next time
08-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Thanks thats a good tip
LATER It works I rode both one after another and found out yyour tip is right

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
12-27-2008, 03:03 PM

I hate to burst any bubbles because it's going to hurt for guys more than girls, if you know what I mean.
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM

I love the Crypt. For a guy it can be a little uncomfortable because of the restraint. But overall it's my favorite flat in the park. It's just so much fun. It leaves you a little disorientated for a few seconds, but you get over it quickly. I know you're kinda wobbly when you get off. The best place to sit is the back, unless you like laying on the restraint, when you lean over the water and fire the 2nd time it holds you, sit in the back.
04-07-2010, 07:43 AM

Is it just me that does not like The Crpyt as much as when it first opened? I dont know what it is, but it's just not as fun like it use to be.

04-07-2010, 08:27 AM

The Crpyt is fun and is my second favorite flat in the park, Drop Zone Tower whatever is #1. My only issue is with the restraints because my shoulders touch the top. It's a little unfomfortable but not painful.
04-07-2010, 08:49 AM

kDfReAk Wrote:Is it just me that does not like The Crpyt as much as when it first opened? I dont know what it is, but it's just not as fun like it use to be.

Ive never found the crypt fun, I rode it once and had a headache for 2 days. That was enough for me
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM

I never ride Volcano Side. Too intense for my liking.

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!