The Crypt Official Topic
07-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Re: The Crypt Official Topic
Tasha Wrote:
Josh Wrote:
braztaz Wrote:
Josh Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
alex4hokies Wrote:They do not let riders re-ride 305 without walking around through the queue again I thought?
Nope - no rerides on I305 without going all the way around.
Why?

They've only allowed it once for me, and that was at an organized event. It's just Cedar Fair's policy, it's really annoying.
They do on other rides!
'Other rides' don't have high negative & positive G-forces & exceeds speeds of 90+ lol I agree it's annoying that there are no re-rides & explaining to people why they can't ride in that seat that's going to be empty anyway. Safety first :wink:

Back on topic of Crypt though, am I the only one that don't really care for the Volcano side? I love the other side much better, less of a headache for me

I agree with you completely! The side facing the volcano gives me a pounding headache. I like the other side so much better because I think its cooler to go down facing the water.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Neither side gives me a headache.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-23-2011, 06:13 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Neither side gives me a headache.

I think the reason I get a headache is that I prefer not to hold on and instead just relax (except drop tower) so that can lead to much more head banging when riding. I never get a headache on the back side even if I don't hold on.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
07-23-2011, 07:34 PM
switchfootrox Wrote:

I think the reason I get a headache is that I prefer not to hold on and instead just relax (except drop tower) so that can lead to much more head banging when riding. I never get a headache on the back side even if I don't hold on.
It's funny idk if I hold on on the Crypt or not. I'm getting good at not holding on on Drop Tower though! Big Grin

I Have No Homeboy.
07-25-2011, 02:12 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
switchfootrox Wrote:

It's funny idk if I hold on on the Crypt or not. I'm getting good at not holding on on Drop Tower though! Big Grin

You're braver than I am on the drop tower. I pretend to brave by not holding on the way up. but the second I hear that its about to drop, I grab on for dear life! Big Grin

07-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I have been thinking of this for a while now. How many of you would love to see The Crypt's indoor version come to Kings Dominion? Of course they wouldn't call it the Crypt, they would give it a totally different theme, but with more updated technology. The style of it resembles the Houdini style attraction at Great Adventure. I was thinking of something along that line, that has a pre-show, ride and small exit maze.

How many of you would be for it?
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
You have a good idea, but I think I would prefer the Crypt to stay as it it. I like staying outdoors for rides and I love watching it when I walk by. I also think it looks AMAZING next to volcano. You have a wonderful idea, but I don't think it would be quite for me.

07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
^I agree. We really don't need 2 rides so similar and it would not make sense to remove or change the current Crypt. Crypt fits in very nicely next to Volcano.
07-25-2011, 09:18 PM
The Crypt at KI is awful programing and theme wise since CF took over. The Crypt at KD fits in with the surroundings perfectly, has amazing theming, has a great program setting, and is a great ride for photos and just to look at.
07-26-2011, 04:15 AM
alex4hokies Wrote:The Crypt at KI is awful programing and theme wise since CF took over. The Crypt at KD fits in with the surroundings perfectly, has amazing theming, has a great program setting, and is a great ride for photos and just to look at.
I agree. When I road the Crypt at KI I remember thinking "is that it?" Very disappointing compared to KD.
07-26-2011, 05:47 AM
I never said remove the current one. I meant add an indoor style attraction that is similar to the one at KD, but with updated technology. The one we have is amazing. It fits well with the Congo theme. The indoor one could be some where else in the park with a new theme.
07-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Martian's Agenda Wrote:I never said remove the current one. I meant add an indoor style attraction that is similar to the one at KD, but with updated technology. The one we have is amazing. It fits well with the Congo theme. The indoor one could be some where else in the park with a new theme.
Isn't it pretty much the same ride though? That seems silly to have 2.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-26-2011, 07:36 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
Martian's Agenda Wrote:I never said remove the current one. I meant add an indoor style attraction that is similar to the one at KD, but with updated technology. The one we have is amazing. It fits well with the Congo theme. The indoor one could be some where else in the park with a new theme.
Isn't it pretty much the same ride though? That seems silly to have 2.

Yea, now that I come to think of it, it would be kind of redundant. Let's move on now. Has anyone noticed the noise coming from The Crypt's motors? I never really noticed at first but where the motors allows that loud? Or is it just age wearing down on the ride?
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I love that "EEEEeeeekkkk" noise the Crypt makes! For some reason I feel like it fits the theme over there very well if that makes sense! Hah.
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I love that "EEEEeeeekkkk" noise the Crypt makes! For some reason I feel like it fits the theme over there very well if that makes sense! Hah.

I never thought of the noise adding to the theme. When your standing in line waiting for the ride, the motors sounds as if it's struggling to take the ride up in the air. In no way do I think that type of noise adds to the theme. That noise over powers the cranking theme noise coming from the speakers.