Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Grizzly Topic
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM

KDFAN Wrote:^ If you have seen KD's website before they're hardly ever update it, heck the notice saying they were retracking ti didn't go up till half way through April.
You have a point, where did you hear about it maybe being up mother's day weekend?

2010 Coaster Press Release

Kings Dominion proudly announces the latest edition to a group of world class rides. Their new Bradly and Kaye kiddie coaster Dommy Jr is set to thrill riders for 2010!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2009, 01:32 PM

ITL when they had John Pagel on if I remeber correctly, it was the April 27th episode

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM

KDFAN Wrote:ITL when they had John Pagel on if I remeber correctly, it was the April 27th episode
No that episode was just covering the single riders event

2010 Coaster Press Release

Kings Dominion proudly announces the latest edition to a group of world class rides. Their new Bradly and Kaye kiddie coaster Dommy Jr is set to thrill riders for 2010!
05-24-2009, 08:02 PM

Grizz was performing flawlessly last night but what's up with the lights in the tunnel? I hope this isn't permanent but even if it is it still had me dropping my hands on the way in.
05-25-2009, 12:14 AM
My Buddy and I rode Gizzly 3 time.
Big Grin My buddies and I where at King dominion on Saturday May 23.
And rode Grizzly and they did a great job on the Grizzly.
It was great riding Grizzly again after a off season.
We rode it 3 time 1 once in the day and 2 time in a row at night.
I also notice that the lights were on in the tunnel.
05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Re: My Buddy and I rode Gizzly 3 time.
Coasterguy Wrote:Big Grin My buddies and I where at King dominion on Saturday May 23.
And rode Grizzly and they did a great job on the Grizzly.
It was great riding Grizzly again after a off season.
We rode it 3 time 1 once in the day and 2 time in a row at night.
I also notice that the lights were on in the tunnel.

I went today and rode Grizzly - and it did seem smoother to me. Let me tell you though - some idiot guys were standing up in their steats while riding. I swear I thought one of them was going to lose his head when the tunnel was coming but he got it down just in time. It scared the crap out of me! They were also chewing tobacco and spitting but luckily not when the ride was moving. We were going to report them but they were gone by that point. Idiots....

I Have No Homeboy.
05-30-2009, 11:04 AM

Hubby & I rode Grizzly yesterday and did think it was smoother at some parts. Some people did complain that it was too rough of a ride. It's a wooden coaster people - that's part of the charm! Smile
06-02-2009, 02:33 PM

I'm hoping to get to KD at least once this year so I can ride Grizz now that it's gotten some work. Grizzly is my favorite coaster at KD but it's been running pretty bad the last two years.

Did they alleviate that pothole at the bottom of the first drop as it begins the climb up to the turnaround?

[Image: rl_100774.jpg]
06-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Robbie Wrote:I'm hoping to get to KD at least once this year so I can ride Grizz now that it's gotten some work. Grizzly is my favorite coaster at KD but it's been running pretty bad the last two years.

Did they alleviate that pothole at the bottom of the first drop as it begins the climb up to the turnaround?

The whole first drop is now glass smooth & the only "rough" spot IMO when I rode it were the lower turnaround that runs along the structure of the turn coming off of the first drop.
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM

It's as smooth as I would ever like a woodie, I wonder does Grizzly have Upstops cause whenever we ride when we go into the station after the breaks we drop back onto the track.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
06-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Grizzly is on fire this year. So much more enjoyable!

[Image: rl_102764.jpg]
06-05-2009, 05:19 AM

It's a lot better then it used to be, I rode it 41 times in one day this year. :lol:

Currently Banned
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2009, 01:31 AM

nice ^ I loveeeeee grizzly. Its even better at night when no one is ever in line so you can seat hop and ride over and over.

And you cant see the track because you are in the woods. tons of fun!

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2009, 11:35 PM

Boy was the Grizz packed this afternoon! Today was the first time I've ever seen the queue actually fill up all the way to the entrance....I guess that new sign certainly helped & finally the ride is getting the justice & recognition that it deserves. Big Grin Big Grin
07-25-2009, 11:40 PM

KDCOASTERFAN Wrote:Boy was the Grizz packed this afternoon! Today was the first time I've ever seen the queue actually fill up all the way to the entrance....I guess that new sign certainly helped & finally the ride is getting the justice & recognition that it deserves. Big Grin Big Grin

woah! i couldnt tell you the last time i saw a full line on grizzly! and im glad it finally got a new sign! anythings better than nothing! hopefully it is still hot next year so the giga will have no line so i can ride it over and over! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin jk, in my dreams!