Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Grizzly Topic
07-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Re: Official Grizzly Topic
I'd like a nice B&M back where Hurler is to compliment Dominator at the front of the park.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 05:22 PM
alex4hokies Wrote:I'd like a nice B&M back where Hurler is to compliment Dominator at the front of the park.

So would I...anything'd be better than hurler but I'd like to see something in the area behind WWC where that morgan was planned to go back in the day.
07-18-2012, 06:54 AM
xTHE EDG3x Wrote:grizzly will out live hurler just saying....
Very, very true. Although I have no problem with Hurler...

http://i.minus.com/iwyTHQY5JWEpB.gif
Coaster Count: 111
Favorite Steel: Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion)
Favorite Woodie: Lightning Racer (Hersheypark)
09-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Can the park get B&M to build a new coaster there? I thought BGW had some sort of territorial right to B&M meaning the only way KD and SFA can get B&M coasters at their parks would be if they were 2nd hand coasters from another park. But if this is just a rumor about B&M, then sign me up for a new B&M coaster at that park. Dominator is an excellent addition.

Grizzly, I don't like how the park keeps making the entrance so hard to find. This has to be the first time you actually have to go thru a gift shop [dinosaurs] to get onto a ride. I had to ask someone where Grizzly was. I don't understand why they couldn't make a separate pathway to get to Grizzly as it seems like they have a little space. But I do kinda like the redesign of the entrance to Grizzly as it looks like it got a new sign and the pathway is a bit clearer [thanks to the open land from the Dinosaurs attraction].

The ride itself was not fantastic, but some days I would be able to get a front and back row ride without waiting too long, but for the most part I just took the middle rows as the station was pretty deserted. This is probably my fav of the 3 woodies at the park, but it's not really saying very much as it's still rough and will toss you around.
09-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I like the redesigned queue because you don't have to walk as far to ride Grizzly again. Take note for Rebel Yell, KD. :-)

People last year were still saying Grizzly was too hard to find, as if the big bear wasn't obvious enough. I think walking through the gift shop is a little easier to follow. I know Sea World is big on their gift shop queues too, on exits, but I don't remember any like Grizzly where I had to walk through a shop to get on a ride.

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah, once I knew I had to go thru the gift shop, Grizzly was easy to find. But I think the park needs to put a sign up in front of the store for the first time visitors who don't know their way thru the park like most of us do.
In my first visit in 2009 I still found it confusing to find Grizzly till I followed some people who told me they were heading for Grizzly as well. To me it's like the park intentionally makes it hard to find it.
09-07-2012, 08:48 AM
^ There is one. Under the sign for the shop itself, there is another sign saying, "Entrance ahead to Grizzly and Dinosaurs Alive".

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-07-2012, 09:12 AM
That sign is not very noticeable. It took me a while to notice it when I got lost trying to find Grizzly on opening day this year.
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, they really need to make the sign bigger. I don't expect a giant Dominator sized sign, but at least have a copy of the same Grizzly sign placed at the front of the shop.
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
It needs to be next to the shop not in behind it thats kind of an omen for Grizzly not good at all

BIZARRO #1
11-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Did anyone else notice that Grizzly was a little more rough than before...Or is it just me? I found the turn around after the tunnel nearly unbearable.

Planet Snoopy! 2013
11-03-2012, 11:24 AM
^ I didn't ride it late this season (just not one of my favorites), but earlier in the season I found it to be smoother than usual.
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
^ and ^^: It ran ok to me too. I might have had to ride it a little more defensively than usual, but nothing like Anaconda.