Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official 2010 Coaster Thread
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Official 2010 Coaster Thread
Here is the hard evidence of a new coaster coming to Kings Dominion in 2010:

https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Cl...041850.DOC

As you can see it doesn't say much, but it definitely points us in the right Direction.

Now is time for the speculation.
Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM

it says they plan to use 3.41 acres

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM

RockRaider Wrote:it says they plan to use 3.41 acres
I have no idea how big that is? Is that big or not? Plus that'd be the line and loading station too - so that'll take up some space too.
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM

I looks like that is only the acreage for the Erosion and Sediment plan. Look at the plan under it. It has a separate acreage (0.91).
04-22-2009, 05:13 AM

I believe the .91 acreage is listed as "impervious" meaning some type of hard surface where water cannot drain through. KD needs to provide the engineering specs on how they are going to handle the water runoff from that hard surface area (drains/storm sewers).

A water basin does not necessarily mean a ride feature like DiamondBack. Because of environmental reasons, many places with large parking lots, etc. have water retention basins on site to capture water runoff from large hard surface areas to allow sediment to settle before letting the water drain into natural streams and rivers.

Just under 3.5 acres of disturbed land does not a hyper make. Course, we don't know what the definition "disturbed land" means. Is Hanover County talking about pristine land never touched by construction or simply any land impacted by the construction? You could get an idea of how much land was disturbed for Behemoth and Diamondback and compare it to KD's plan. My guess is 10-12 arces of land were disturbed for both of those hypers.

My feeling on this is that we are only able to glimpse "the tip of the iceburg". Presently, I feel we are not getting a hyper. The only former Paramount parks that draw over 3 million people a year are CANW and KI. They now have the newest hyper coasters in the CF chain. My guess is that KD draws 2.1 to 2.2 million people a year. Thats 800 to 900 thousand LESS people than either of the 2 parks above. I don't see CF investing in that level of an attraction for KD.

Coaster for 2010? Sounds like a yes! Big Grin Is it going to be a hyper? My current guess is no. :wink: I get the feeling it could very well be a GCI wood coaster of some sort. If it happens to be a steel coaster, then my thoughts right now are a junior hyper or a flyer.
04-22-2009, 08:03 AM

Ok replying to some stuff in the locked threads. I hope that the new coaster is not like Maverick. I do not like maverick and hope that we don't get anything like it. We have very minimal details so its hard to say exactly what is coming.
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM

Coaster Rose Wrote:Ok replying to some stuff in the locked threads. I hope that the new coaster is not like Maverick. I do not like maverick and hope that we don't get anything like it. We have very minimal details so its hard to say exactly what is coming.

Maverick is a great ride in my opinion minus some of the rough spots but other than that Rose is right on the details, we don't have much just yet. I read over the whole document and it looks like this is just for environmental purposes so there is no exact proof that 2010 will be the year we receive a new coaster. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a so off topic name calling thread like the previous ones, just to make it simple the document specifies approval for environmental purposes for a new roller coaster and zoning requests.

I am happy with life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2009, 09:09 AM

Great points but I have my reasons to believe that this is definately for a new coaster. Not only because it states New Roller Coaster in the document but these photos of ride track sitting in Ohio:

[Image: phpC2U8tBPM.jpg]

[Image: phpVrDwABPM.jpg]

[Image: phpSQlqoPPM.jpg]

Now for a while there was just the yellow track and now there is a pile of red track. With both Carowinds and Kings Dominion rumored for a new coaster in 2010 I believe these are for those parks. Just like Kings Island, the steel is being cut by the same people. Plus, the yellow track has evidence of inversions due to the way the supports would connect to the track. The red track, we have yet to see such evidence of inversions which leads me to believe that this would be a hyper coaster.

Now, whenever we come to Kings Dominion the area over by Anaconda and Flight of Fear is always empty and I am sure the throughput on those two rides is low. The area of clearing in my opinion is for the new coaster and I think that a ride over in that area would fit perfectly because you have open land and an area that is suffering. Plus, between Anaconda's break run and Flight of Fears entrance is a great spot for a new midway or ride entrance. Just my personal opinion.

[Image: User_1.jpg]
Discounts | Events | Register
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2009, 09:19 AM

That coaster track in Ohio could be for anywhere in the world. That factory manafactures all the track. Dont forget there is Universal studio's Singapore that is suposed to get a hulk clone and some type of dueling coaster. The dueling coaster is rumored to be Vekoma, but the Hulk clone would def be B&M. Also Alton Towers has confirmed a new coaster and they love B&M's just cos 2 peices of track are sitting next to each other doesnt mean there going to 2 parks in the same chain.

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
04-22-2009, 09:23 AM

I hope that we all can be civil with this. We do not have a document that says Kings Dominion is getting a new coaster. Just a memo that says New ROller Coaster. Nothing that says approved or coming in-----. Just a memo. And that track about could be for any park. Do you have proof that it is for Kings Dominion?

Now for where this supposed coaster might be Kings Dominion owns a lot of land so that is up in the air as well.
04-22-2009, 10:17 AM

Coasterfusion Wrote:Great points but I have my reasons to believe that this is definately for a new coaster. Not only because it states New Roller Coaster in the document but these photos of ride track sitting in Ohio:

[Image: phpC2U8tBPM.jpg]

[Image: phpVrDwABPM.jpg]

[Image: phpSQlqoPPM.jpg]

Now for a while there was just the yellow track and now there is a pile of red track. With both Carowinds and Kings Dominion rumored for a new coaster in 2010 I believe these are for those parks. Just like Kings Island, the steel is being cut by the same people. Plus, the yellow track has evidence of inversions due to the way the supports would connect to the track. The red track, we have yet to see such evidence of inversions which leads me to believe that this would be a hyper coaster.

Now, whenever we come to Kings Dominion the area over by Anaconda and Flight of Fear is always empty and I am sure the throughput on those two rides is low. The area of clearing in my opinion is for the new coaster and I think that a ride over in that area would fit perfectly because you have open land and an area that is suffering. Plus, between Anaconda's break run and Flight of Fears entrance is a great spot for a new midway or ride entrance. Just my personal opinion.

With all of the clearing & activity going on back there this early in the season it can only be for a hyper & that's really all the park needs at this point in time as we've already got just about every other type of ride available.I doubt that we'll see a flyer as KD passed on it back in 01 leaving SFA with the maintenance nightmare that is Batwing & they wouldn't go out of their way to do a manta type water effect for a flyer so I'm sticking with hyper for the time being.
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM

what clearing? by the pics that clint posted I dont see any clearing????
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM

Batwing was a Vekoma they could get a Flyer from B&M, it would most likely be better.

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM

If we get a coaster I do not want a flyer, And nothing from vekoma please.......
04-22-2009, 10:34 AM

were not getting a hyper with only 3 acres of land being cleared

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
Thread Closed