Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official White Water Canyon Topic
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM

They repainted WWC's boats this year (unless I just didn't notice last year). They look cool I think. Although it's a little bit cheesy compared to the original color. But I'm a fan of bright colors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2010, 11:24 PM

SUPER MEGA ULTRA BUUUUMP!

I guess this could have gone in the Log Flume topic as well but the dryers are up and working now. 5 bucks though seems like a lot. And the family I saw come out of it was still wet. So has anybody tried it yet? [Image: DSCF1444.jpg]

I Have No Homeboy.
06-07-2010, 05:46 AM

Those are the same ones they have at Carowinds and Dollywood. They seem to work pretty well, your clothes do not get completely dry, but its kind of like you just got "misted" instead of soaked/drenched on the log flume or rapids ride.
06-13-2010, 04:44 PM

They have them at BG too - I like getting wet on water rides (that is why I ride them), so I probably wouldn't use it.
06-14-2010, 09:00 AM

The ride itself, through the woods is excellent. I love the way you have a short more gentle run, then you go into the wave pool with the holding gate before you are released into the faster rapids. The final part through the building is a nice touch.

I do not care for the pipe squirting out water in the geyser area. That is just too much wetness.
06-14-2010, 08:59 PM

Having now finally ridden Roman Rapids at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, I can safely say it is a much better ride than WWC has been in the past few seasons. My favorite thing about it is that everyone on my boat got soaked. Right after a waterfall got one side of the boat, other water effects got the other side of the boat. No one escaped dry.

I just don't get why some people insist on riding water rides when they do not want to get wet.
06-14-2010, 09:04 PM

(raises hand) I'm one of those people. It's not that I don't want to get wet...I don't want to *stay* wet. I usually ride them a few times in a row and then change into dry clothes...unless I just get on log flume which usually I just get damp...that's fine.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-15-2010, 07:32 AM

This is why I bring a towel, a full change of clothes, and flip flops with me whenever I go to KD. I change into my flip flops before getting on the ride, ride, get soaked, then change into dry clothes afterward, and enjoy the rest of the day. (Don't forget to bring a plastic bag to put your wet clothes in.) :-) Yes, I know it's more to carry around, but it beats walking around a hot and humid park uncomfortable. :o

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
06-15-2010, 07:41 AM

KD4KT Wrote:This is why I bring a towel, a full change of clothes, and flip flops with me whenever I go to KD. I change into my flip flops before getting on the ride, ride, get soaked, then change into dry clothes afterward, and enjoy the rest of the day. (Don't forget to bring a plastic bag to put your wet clothes in.) :-) Yes, I know it's more to carry around, but it beats walking around a hot and humid park uncomfortable. :o

Hot, Humid day + Wet drawers = A LOT Chafing!
06-16-2010, 01:16 PM

I thought getting wet and staying a bit wet on a hot day was the point of going on a water ride. Maybe I've missed something all this time.
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM

Titaw Wrote:
KD4KT Wrote:This is why I bring a towel, a full change of clothes, and flip flops with me whenever I go to KD. I change into my flip flops before getting on the ride, ride, get soaked, then change into dry clothes afterward, and enjoy the rest of the day. (Don't forget to bring a plastic bag to put your wet clothes in.) :-) Yes, I know it's more to carry around, but it beats walking around a hot and humid park uncomfortable. :o

Hot, Humid day + Wet drawers = A LOT Chafing!

Yes +1. And I have fat legs! So there ya go! :lol: Katie - that's what I bring as well! haha! Rid on!

I Have No Homeboy.
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM

I bring a change of clothes and shoes to change into after my visit to KD or whatever park is complete. I don't mind walking around the park with wet clothes on a hot day - it keeps me cooler - and beats being all sweaty. If it is really hot, even if my clothes are soaked, I tend to dry off pretty quickly.
06-16-2010, 06:01 PM

take a few rides on Volcano.... you will be dry in no time.

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2010, 08:51 PM

coasterlarkey22 Wrote:take a few rides on Volcano.... you will be dry in no time.

Every ride's a water ride, when there's a person with wet hair or wet clothes riding! WOOHOO!!! lol :-P *gag*

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
06-17-2010, 03:02 AM

I ride WWC whenever it's the really hot and I will something like I305 to dry off.