Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official White Water Canyon Topic
06-17-2010, 08:47 PM

The Drop Tower is a good ride for drying off too. If the park isn't crowded, sometimes I'll do several rides in a row on Triple Spin to dry off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Night rides on WWC are fun too :-)

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM

KD4KT Wrote:Night rides on WCC are fun too :-)

WWC? haha. What you said is something completely different! :wink:

I Have No Homeboy.
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
KD4KT Wrote:Night rides on WCC are fun too :-)

WWC? haha. What you said is something completely different! :wink:

HA HA HA HA HA.... where's my coffee?!

Mrs. Coasterfreak76 <3
I love my Coaster family!
Life isn't about waiting out the storm. It's learning to dance in the rain!
06-21-2010, 11:46 AM

As far as drying off fast, it depends on what type of clothes you are wearing. If you are wearing jeans, those take a long time to dry if they get soaked. If you are wearing capris or shorts, the material tends to be thinner because they are made for those hot summer days and those dry off pretty quickly. T-shirts don't take long to dry either. I usually wear a T-shirt and capris that dry pretty fast. I also have water shoes so the water drains out of the shoes and my feet don't stay wet long either.
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Re:
cygnusx1 Wrote:Yeah, changing the barn around would be good. When I rode last year and looked at the lumberjacks, I thought they looked very fake. Also it would be good to have some kind of "finale" water effect again at the end of the barn to make sure that everyone gets wet. Anyone who goes on a rapids ride to not get wet shouldn't be riding it!

There used to be a "finale" at the end when go thrue that hall like thing before going up the convayoer belt the walls are a / shape and water would poor over the wall and your boat would go under it. I wish they would turn it back on.

Team Classy #1!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Re: Official White Water Canyon Topic
It was on once when I went through last year.

I Have No Homeboy.
11-25-2010, 09:07 PM
^I loved the finale, even tho it got you totally soaked you cant go on that ride and expect not to get wet, the best ride IMO is the geysers

Team Classy #1!
02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I have never been on White Water Canyon because I have terrible luck with rapids rides. I always get DRENCHED, and everyone around me stays dry. Sad

Maybe this year I will actually remember to bring flip flops and a change of clothes...

coaster credits: 361
02-01-2011, 11:15 PM
The way they have had it set up in recent years everybody gets drenched. It's crazy!

I Have No Homeboy.
06-17-2011, 09:24 PM
HuaracheKid Wrote: I also have water shoes so the water drains out of the shoes and my feet don't stay wet long either.

Yeah me too. Anytime I ride WWC, I always make sure I have the water shoes on and my towel in my bag for when i get off.

michaelcollier1 Wrote:There used to be a "finale" at the end when go thrue that hall like thing before going up the convayoer belt the walls are a / shape and water would poor over the wall and your boat would go under it. I wish they would turn it back on.

I agree. I remember one time when my sister and I rode it. I was practically soaked and she was laughing at me because she hardly got wet through the whole ride...that is until right there at the end. The boat spun around and she got DRENCHED big time! Boy, was she mad! I had the last laugh by the end of that ride! :lol:

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
08-09-2011, 11:02 AM
We had an interesting experience on this ride last evening. It was me and my man and we were paired with 3 other people - two boys and a girl - I would guess they were in their late teens. When we were sitting down, getting seats belts on, etc., the girl kept complaining that she didn't want to get wet, the water smelt like (insert profanity here) and she didn't want to stink, her hair was going to get messed up, etc. (Hmmm...riding WWC wasn't the greatest choice was it considering it's a water ride and you don't want to get wet...) This "conversation" lasted the entire ride. Practically every other word out of her mouth started with f or s and I'm not talking fudge or shoot. She had on a swimsuit top covered by a shirt and shorts and one of the boys had on loafer type shoes. When we left the station, as soon as the boat hit the water, she took off her shirt and the boy took off his shoes. When we got to the 1st checkpoint, the ride op told them to put on their shirt and shoes. They did, but as soon as we were out of sight of the ride op, she took off her shirt again and he took off his shoes. When we got to the 2nd checkpoint, the ride op told them again, put on your shirt and shoes. She kinda halfway put on her shirt, but the boy refused to put on his shoes, screaming that the ride op was not his (insert profanity here) mother, she was a (insert profanity here), and he wasn't going to put his shoes on and he didn't. The ride op told him 4 times to put his shoes on, but he refused. Meanwhile, we had gotten to the part of the ride that has the water shooting from a rock type thing - well, it hit the girl square in the head and drenched her precious hair. Man, was she upset - she was literally screaming that her hair was messed up and repeating the things she had been saying all during the ride. When we got to the 3rd checkpoint, the ride op again told the boy to put his shoes on. He finally did, but at the point, the ride was practically over. We just wanted to get off the ride and away from these people.

What is so hard about putting on a shirt and shoes? Personally, I think those 2 should have been kicked out of the park, especially the boy who would not wear shoes. Their flagrant disregard and disrespect of rules and other people was absurd. Also, I really don't want to hear profanity like that - if that is how you choose to speak fine, but others may not want to hear your filthy mouths, so contain it when you are in earshot of others.

While we were in line waiting, a lady climbed the fence into the woods and started smoking. The ride op told her that was a restricted area, to put the cigarette out, and to leave the line.

Not sure what was up with WWC last night, but it was interesting to say the least.
08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I've also had a few...ahem...interesting experiences on this ride. One time a girl started freaking out because of the mannequins in the barn. She started screaming and unbuckled her seatbelt as if she was getting out. :lol:

Another time, it was me and two of my friends and we got paired up with a couple. We were about halfway through and we were looking around and we look over and they started making out. It was kinda disgusting how much tongue they were using... :shock: We were really grossed out, so we just looked down. It was really uncomfortable.

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
switchfootrox Wrote:Another time, it was me and two of my friends and we got paired up with a couple. We were about halfway through and we were looking around and we look over and they started making out. It was kinda disgusting how much tongue they were using... :shock: We were really grossed out, so we just looked down. It was really uncomfortable.
Haha that must have been so funny! I've surprisingly never ridden this! I'm too busy at I305. :lol:

Intimidator 305 Count: 15
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Josh Wrote:
switchfootrox Wrote:Another time, it was me and two of my friends and we got paired up with a couple. We were about halfway through and we were looking around and we look over and they started making out. It was kinda disgusting how much tongue they were using... :shock: We were really grossed out, so we just looked down. It was really uncomfortable.
Haha that must have been so funny! I've surprisingly never ridden this! I'm too busy at I305. :lol:

Yeah it was one of those things where we were looking down, covering our faces, and pretending we weren't there. It was so awkward!

And you should ride it. Though it isn't extreme, its relaxing and feels AWESOME on a hot day! Big Grin

"We are crooked souls trying to stand up straight. Dried eyes in the pouring rain, well, the shadow proves the sunshine..."
The Shadow Proves the Sunshine- Switchfoot