Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grizzly Now Open
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Grizzly Now Open
Grizzly is open once again. Only one train at the moment though. It ran all day today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM

yay! I wish I could of had gone to KD today, I spent my day at SFA, it was not crowded but the employees were very rude.

I am happy with life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Thats great news to hear.
Is there really a noticeable difference now?
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Darn!! if only we'd postponed last week's trip I could've gone today instead & avoided the monsoon in the process....sigh I guess I just have to wait till the 30th to get my first laps of the 09 season in.Which train was running orange or yellow do you know?
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM

I personally did not notice much of a change in the way the ride felt. But I mean its Grizzly, the roughness isn't that awful kind of roughness like Hurler.
05-09-2009, 11:06 PM

I was on the 2nd train of the year on Grizzly, and while I agree with Nick that there isn't too much of a difference, the bottom after the turnaround is really smooth now, and the whole ride is definitely rideable. Like Nick said, it's not like Hurler rough, it's just good old Grizzly.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
05-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Travis Wrote:I was on the 2nd train of the year on Grizzly, and while I agree with Nick that there isn't too much of a difference, the bottom after the turnaround is really smooth now, and the whole ride is definitely rideable. Like Nick said, it's not like Hurler rough, it's just good old Grizzly.
I am glad Grizzly is still a little rough. I am going next weekend, I cannot wait to ride it (especially at night)!

2010 Coaster Press Release

Kings Dominion proudly announces the latest edition to a group of world class rides. Their new Bradly and Kaye kiddie coaster Dommy Jr is set to thrill riders for 2010!
05-10-2009, 10:05 PM

hurler is horrible, they need to remove it! good to meet you travis!!
05-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Dominator10 Wrote:hurler is horrible, they need to remove it! good to meet you travis!!
Hurler is not horrible! It is bumpy, but I dont mind it. Of course, when I was a kid, I rode Drachen Fire like 5 times straight. I guess there is something wrong with me.

2010 Coaster Press Release

Kings Dominion proudly announces the latest edition to a group of world class rides. Their new Bradly and Kaye kiddie coaster Dommy Jr is set to thrill riders for 2010!
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM

I think Grizzly is a great coaster and its even greater now with the track rehab it had.

I am happy with life
06-15-2009, 07:54 AM

Grizzley didnt seem any different to me, I just rode it Thurs the 11th. But like u guys said its still good ole grizzley. My daughter loved it, she rode all the woodies for her first time, she's only 6 lol. Funny thing is, she liked Hurler the best.

I-305 is MY drug!! Can I get a RIDE ON