Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Six Flags America.
05-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Re: Six Flags America.
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
Intimidator305kd Wrote:SFA is not a bad park but another 2 1/2 hrs later you can be at Great Adventure in NJ. I normally go there every year for a weekend vs. SFA.
Yeah we're going to try to do another Six Flags too. It's just nice that you can make this one a day trip - whereas the other one you really have to get a hotel room ect.

Did you get a season pass?!?!?!? If so look no further!!!
http://www.kdfansite.com/forums/viewtopi...=16&t=1780

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I myself have never been to a Six Flags park. I live right smack in between KD and SFA, but have always gone to KD. At my old job, our group was going to go to SFA, but one of the other groups had such a bad experience, it was decided that the remaining groups would go to KD instead. I have mixed thoughts about it still but might consider visiting SFA or a Six Flags park in the future.

4everCoasterCrew ♥ Smile
06-08-2011, 05:57 AM
If you guys love going to KD so much, you wouldn't have any problems with SFA. SFA is cleaner and has a friendlier atmosphere to it, just not as many rides.

Currently Banned
06-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Lake Charles Guy Wrote:SFA is cleaner and has a friendlier atmosphere to it

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: NO.
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Not sure about cleaner but they sure are friendly!

I Have No Homeboy.
06-09-2011, 01:22 AM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:Not sure about cleaner but they sure are friendly!

They are both Cleaner and Friendlier than years past... Much more attentive on customer service and cleanliness!

Greed caused the Demise of Geauga Lake....
Wanted: 1991 Cadillac El Dorado must be in good shape, prefer the color blue, and seat 32 people.
06-09-2011, 08:18 AM
SFA is, perhaps, the worst amusement park in the country. While it may not reach the acclaim of the disastrous Action Park in New Jersey, it features a whole host of rides that break down all the time, rough clientelle, and even rougher workers.

I went with my wife a few years ago and couldn't believe how filthy the food shops were and I heard the workers use the "F" word over and over again, as if it was part of their normal way of doing things.

Giving this park any money lowers the acceptable standards of what the amusement industry can get away with delivering to us.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
06-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Lake Charles Guy Wrote:If you guys love going to KD so much, you wouldn't have any problems with SFA. SFA is cleaner and has a friendlier atmosphere to it, just not as many rides.

Sorry four the double post, but I had to comment on this. I understand by reading several of LCG's comments that he has a rather cynical view of KD, though he says he does like it (in theory). This comment, however, is factually untrue.

2011: I305: 2 Rebel Yell: 6 Dominator: 3 Grizzly: 4 Scooby Doo: 3 Volcano: 1 Carousel: 8 Shockwave: 1 Avalanche: 5 Flight of Fear: 1 King Kobra: 3 Fried Oreos: 3: Your Mom: 1

BG: LNM: 3 Alpngeist: 2 Griffon: 1 Le Scoot: 1 Big Bad Wolf: 3 Mach Tower: 2
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
cc99999 Wrote:SFA is, perhaps, the worst amusement park in the country. While it may not reach the acclaim of the disastrous Action Park in New Jersey, it features a whole host of rides that break down all the time, rough clientelle, and even rougher workers.

I went with my wife a few years ago and couldn't believe how filthy the food shops were and I heard the workers use the "F" word over and over again, as if it was part of their normal way of doing things.

Giving this park any money lowers the acceptable standards of what the amusement industry can get away with delivering to us.
I've heard it was bad in the past but I went about a month ago and the employees were amazing. I heard NO obscenities come out of their mouths and they were overly willing to help in any way.
When there was any inconvenience (like when we had our bags in line and had to get out of line to take them back) they apologized and were very nice about it.
Although they do take the "high five" thing a bit to the extreme. But it's entertaining.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
cc99999 Wrote:SFA is, perhaps, the worst amusement park in the country. While it may not reach the acclaim of the disastrous Action Park in New Jersey, it features a whole host of rides that break down all the time, rough clientelle, and even rougher workers.

Im not a big fan of the park either but don't base your judgement off one visit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartcoastersvids

check out my channel!!!!!
06-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Friendlier? When I was there a few years ago I witnessed a yelling fight. Granted, it was between two guests.. but I was scurred.

coaster credits: 361
06-13-2011, 07:28 AM
The employees at SFA used to be terrible. I remember back around 2004-2006 it was common to see ride operators listening to their iPods and texting openly while working the ride/checking bars. They've cleaned up their act for sure.

One thing I have heard though about SFA is that the shows suck miserably. I'm not a big show person, I go to parks to ride the coasters, but I do know a lot of people place a lot of attention on the shows. And from what I've heard KD has pretty good shows.

Currently Banned
06-14-2011, 09:06 AM
If you haven't read(or heard)lately,one of SFA's iconic attractions will be closing after July 10,2011. Skull Mountain(aka Typhoon Sea Coaster)will be going down to make way for a new attraction,supposedly for 2012. I,personally,liked it a little. We're going there in 2 weeks(I haven't been there at all so far this season). Big Grin

I've been Intimidated...have you!
06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
since i live pretty close to SFA i can say it is an overall decent park to go to. Yes it is not the cleanest place, and it is also not in a great area. SFA can still provide some fun times. Since it is located in PG county, it is bound to have some trouble, but the staff was really great when i went. The rides are overall above average.
Superman: 9/10- just a great ride, provides pretty good airtime, extremely fun to ride at night.
Batwing: 8/10- extremely fun, really get the sensation of flying. My only main problem is the anoying restraint system and long waits.
Roar: 8.5/10- a really good wood rollercoaster that packs a mean punch, one of my favorite wood rides in the maryland/virginia area
Jokers Jinx: 7.5/10- this is the exact same ride as FOF at KD, just outside. It has pretty good themeing and it is not a bad ride, hit it up
Mind Eraser: 5.5/10- this ride pretty much hurts. An inverted coaster that is sure to give you a decent headache. Good because the lines are not long and its not bad compared to others i have ridden.
Wild One: 8/10- this was my first ever rollercoaster, so i am bound to always love it. For an extremely old wood ride, it is great. Good airtime, and thrills. Highly recomended.

Overall: 46.5/60, an average ride rating of 7.75, not bad at all.

bgentwsox is BACK...if anyone actually cared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=fvst
06-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah Mind Eraser was my least favorite...but I do get why it's called that lol. Mild concussion anyone?

I Have No Homeboy.
Thread Closed