Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Drop Tower Topic
06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Official Drop Tower Topic
Not sure if this has been discussed prior...
but I always wondered how deep
does the tower go into the ground?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Re: Official Drop Tower Thread
kDfReAk Wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed prior...
but I always wondered how deep
does the tower go into the ground?

I dunno -- that's a good question. I would think it'd have to be pretty far. That ride freaks me out. Only ride I won't ride anymore.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-25-2009, 08:52 PM

That's my favorite flat ride at the park!!!! I'll ride it over and over and over again. It's so much fun! They have an awesome ride op too - I think her name is Fran (she's an older lady.) She always calls me sweetie or babydoll. Smile
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM

HuaracheKid Wrote: That's my favorite flat ride at the park!!!! I'll ride it over and over and over again. It's so much fun! They have an awesome ride op too - I think her name is Fran (she's an older lady.) She always calls me sweetie or babydoll. Smile

LOL... is that the woman with the all white hair... I love her!!!!
06-25-2009, 09:02 PM

^Yeah that's Fran. She recognizes me I think, because she always says "I know you're ready!" :lol:

Currently Banned
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2009, 09:08 PM

Ah good ol' Fran. Definitely one of my favorite co-workers at the park. I'm trying to convince her to transfer to Dominator but she ain't hearin it. But anyway about the ride, I have no idea how far it goes into the ground, maybe put it in the Ask KD thing? But it is definitely a fun ride.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM

Travis Wrote:Ah good ol' Fran. Definitely one of my favorite co-workers at the park. I'm trying to convince her to transfer to Dominator but she ain't hearin it. But anyway about the ride, I have no idea how far it goes into the ground, maybe put it in the Ask KD thing? But it is definitely a fun ride.

Personally, Fran is the absolute BEST employee at the park. i LOVE HER! hahh. No offense to Travis you're my favorite employee too haha. But I doubt she would transfer to Dommy because she's been at DZST since they first brought it to the park. She loves that ride she tells me that she rides it every day. She's just hahah I love Fran.

[Image: 30bkchc.jpg]
06-26-2009, 09:17 PM

I agree... Fran is a great ride op! Though sometimes there are folks on FoF or Dominator or Hurler who really get into it. Hopefully I'll see Fran at the Drop Tower tomorrow!
06-27-2009, 10:30 AM

When we were there on Thursday Fran was like I remeber you you were with that group that was really having fun going lalalalala. She reminds of the woman who works at the big shot at the stratosphere tower, just watch extreme amusment parks on discovery it's the first segment. Found it. It's at 6 mins in, Also recomend you watch the rest of the show it is in 6 parts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ediLbzOmFYU[/youtube]

First person to embed youtube video Smile

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
06-27-2009, 12:22 PM

fran is so nice that when operating wave swinger,last year, she let my sister go first so she could get the seat she wanted.
06-27-2009, 02:04 PM

I went on waveswinger when she worked there and the ride finished there was no one in line so she said do you want to go again and she just started the ride again.

Clint, heres an idea to ask Pagel about, currently at Giant they are giving people slips to give to their fav employee, it would be cool if we could do something like that at KD

06-27-2009, 02:10 PM

KDFAN Wrote:I went on waveswinger when she worked there and the ride finished there was no one in line so she said do you want to go again and she just started the ride again.

Clint, heres an idea to ask Pagel about, currently at Giant they are giving people slips to give to their fav employee, it would be cool if we could do something like that at KD

There's one employee who works the swings who is trying really hard but is really OBLIVIOUS to what is going on. People are kicking their shoes off while up in the air, SPITTING, tangling the swings together (the ride started with 2 guys completely tangled up in each other's swings). He either has no clue or doesn't want the confrontation.

I Have No Homeboy.
06-30-2009, 10:21 AM

How come they tend to only operate two of the four lines? They usually have the orange and pink dotted side going - why not do the whole thing?
06-30-2009, 03:27 PM

Cause they would have to fill nearly all the seats as it has to be balanced.

06-30-2009, 05:32 PM

KDFAN Wrote:Cause they would have to fill nearly all the seats as it has to be balanced.

Thanks - sounds like the Americana.