• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Drop Tower Topic
07-11-2009, 06:17 PM

when is that show on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 12:39 AM

BUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

I heard Drop Tower received a new coat of paint, can anyone confirm this?
02-15-2010, 10:09 AM

Yeah, It is... Hopefully. From what I last heard it was. In Fact, Drove by the park on Friday, I swear it already had one, but my eyes aren't too good so I might had been wrong.

(It will have the same color scheme.)

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
KDFAN Wrote:I went on waveswinger when she worked there and the ride finished there was no one in line so she said do you want to go again and she just started the ride again.

Clint, heres an idea to ask Pagel about, currently at Giant they are giving people slips to give to their fav employee, it would be cool if we could do something like that at KD

There's one employee who works the swings who is trying really hard but is really OBLIVIOUS to what is going on. People are kicking their shoes off while up in the air, SPITTING, tangling the swings together (the ride started with 2 guys completely tangled up in each other's swings). He either has no clue or doesn't want the confrontation.

WOW..haha well you can't swing on the swings!! haha as funny as that sounds don't swing on the swings! I have seen people tangled in the swings too or going backwards wile the ride is going!

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM

I remember people coming up with names of Drop Tower like Patriot's Plummet and something else, but I did like the names. I mean Patriot's Plummet near Americana? Its an American section of the park
08-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Re: Official Drop Tower Topic
Be sure to join the Fran Club on Facebook. Run by Fran herself!

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
08-01-2010, 07:20 PM
KDFAN Wrote:Be sure to join the Fran Club on Facebook. Run by Fran herself!
Yeah it's great! I'm a part of that group! Big Grin

I Have No Homeboy.
08-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't ride Drop Tower anymore because one day I saw it get stuck at the top for hours and I couldn't stand to be stuck up there.
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I ride this everytime I go to KD.....if it did get stuck once....oh well....I'd be freaked out but I mean you gotta deal with it.....I think its the best flat then the Crypt

King's Dominion is the best amusement park around, don't let anybody tell ya different
09-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I miss when, the ride attendants didn't tell you when it was going to drop. Now as soon as you reach the top, someone talks on the P/A system, tells you how high you are sitting and a 7 second count down. It's much more suspenseful when your sitting up there, without the knowledge of knowing, when the thing is going to drop.

Is this a safety pre-caution that the park does, in order to avoid people from being scared?
09-02-2010, 12:33 PM
If someone is worried about being scared they shouldnt go on a 300 foot tall drop ride :lol: I dont think its about making people not scared
09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Good point that you made. Maybe they just decided to be friendly. But many of us do remember them just lifting you up and letting you drop without knowing when.
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I have never had the ride attendant go over the P/A system when at the top? NEVER... Its always quiet and just a silent countdown with your mind! Am I just extremely lucky or do they only do it half the time? :?:
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
It probably depends on who you get. You know, a hit or miss kind of thing.
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Of the last few times I was on it I'd say 3 times they did it over the speaker and 1 time they didn't. I prefer it only b/c Drop Tower scares me - but I can see why it can get annoying. But most times when they count they are purposfully "off" and we drop on like 4 or 3.

I Have No Homeboy.