Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hershey Park!
06-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Hershey Park!
I am probably going there very soon. How is it ? How are the coasters?

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2009, 10:28 AM

I plan on going to Hershey this summer for the first time as well. I've heard good things about Lightning Racer and StormRunner. Also looking forward to Great Bear, Fahrenheit, and Wildcat.
Find all posts by this user
06-29-2009, 11:16 AM

It'll be a while for me and Hershey. Not this year, and in another post I said my list, and Hershey wasn't in it. If it's REALLY great, I'll consider it.
07-30-2009, 05:59 AM

IMO Hershey park is under rated and has a very nice collection of coasters. first off they have 3 woodies. The oldest one the comet is a good ride, the wildcat is really fun on days when it runs smooth but can hurt on others, and beside el toro lightning races is the best woodie out there. Its smooth, has lots of hills, and you are racing another car. As for steel coasters they have stepped their game up in the past 8 years. Older coasters they have are the super dooper looper which is a fun ride kids can do, trail blazer is a mine train through the woods, wild mouse is well self explanatory, sidewinder is a typical boomerang style coaster, and they have a water coaster. Lastly the have 3 very unique coasters for their premiere attractions. Storm runner is a fun launch coaster that sends u around the park (think xlc but longer flips and is just better), the great bear which is a unique B&M, no other suspended coaster has a helix looking thing as a part of its first drop, and last but not least is fahrenheit which being a vertical lift is scary as hell and the drop is great 97 degrees, the rest of the ride is just a big flipping mess of steel.

So i definately suggest a trip to hershey if you have not been there before. Not only for the coasters but the overall experience is just fun, chocolate everywhere to buy and they even have a ride based all about chocolate. Very neat
03-04-2010, 03:31 PM

kdfan1234 Wrote:IMO Hershey park is under rated and has a very nice collection of coasters. first off they have 3 woodies. The oldest one the comet is a good ride, the wildcat is really fun on days when it runs smooth but can hurt on others, and beside el toro lightning races is the best woodie out there. Its smooth, has lots of hills, and you are racing another car. As for steel coasters they have stepped their game up in the past 8 years. Older coasters they have are the super dooper looper which is a fun ride kids can do, trail blazer is a mine train through the woods, wild mouse is well self explanatory, sidewinder is a typical boomerang style coaster, and they have a water coaster. Lastly the have 3 very unique coasters for their premiere attractions. Storm runner is a fun launch coaster that sends u around the park (think xlc but longer flips and is just better), the great bear which is a unique B&M, no other suspended coaster has a helix looking thing as a part of its first drop, and last but not least is fahrenheit which being a vertical lift is scary as hell and the drop is great 97 degrees, the rest of the ride is just a big flipping mess of steel.

So i definately suggest a trip to hershey if you have not been there before. Not only for the coasters but the overall experience is just fun, chocolate everywhere to buy and they even have a ride based all about chocolate. Very neat
Hershey is defiantly under rated!
Make sure not to go on a weekend EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartcoastersvids

check out my channel!!!!!
03-04-2010, 08:58 PM

I hope to go this summer! I never made it out there last summer =/

[Image: 2816011524_5bf5a1120a.jpg]
Ride Warrioress- Bow down suckahs. =P
03-05-2010, 02:50 AM

It is a great park...we are planning to go there in April...
03-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Hersheypark is a wonderful park! Here are my views:

Stormrunner: great ride experience, nice launch, but the thing at the end before the brakes slaps my neck around and it hurts

Great Bear: its just great and fits with the landscape very well

Fahrenheit: One of my favorite coasters ever, so compact as a ride, just the best ride at Hershey

Lightning Racer: Top 10 woodie, no crazy shaking or hurting of the insides like Hurler

That's all I have for now
03-07-2010, 02:09 AM

kdisdabomb Wrote:no crazy shaking or hurting of the insides like Hurler
Are you guys(and gals) riding the same Hurler that I do? I thought it was one of the smoothest coasters in the park. I just don't get it.
03-07-2010, 03:57 PM

Herseypark is so great!

Great Bear: Good first half, boring second half.

Stormrunner: The launch, dive/incline roll, and snake roll are amazing, the banking at the end boxes your ears and neck.

Comet: Great PTC woodie

Lightning Racer: Truely a top ten coaster!

Widcat: Really good, probably better with mellenium flyers

The need for speed is NOT a habit nor occupation, It's an Addiction!
03-08-2010, 02:08 PM

Comet is Better then LR, Wildcat, or any woodie I have rode.
03-09-2010, 11:09 AM

Hershey is one of the most complete parks in the nation. They have many coasters that are quite good as listed above but they also have quite a few flat rides and rides for the whole family as well. The park also has many production shows in the style that Kings Dominion did many years ago. Over all no matter who you are you can have a great time at Hersheypark during the summer season. Shows are more limited until June. Make a trip to the park and have a great time, what ever you like to do at a park.

I am a fan of Kings Dominion past. I have a sight that has many old shows from the parks early years also have 4 videos that show Kings Dominion History that I have produced over the years. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/KDFanPre91">http://www.youtube.com/user/KDFanPre91</a><!-- m -->
03-10-2010, 08:47 AM

I am also planning my first trip to Hershey Park this year. Can anyone tell me how the Millenium Flyers have helped Wildcat. Have they made it as good as other GCI coasters or have they just made it tolerable?

[Image: smurfmountain.jpg]
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Jeremy K9 Wrote:I am also planning my first trip to Hershey Park this year. Can anyone tell me how the Millenium Flyers have helped Wildcat. Have they made it as good as other GCI coasters or have they just made it tolerable?
It is a little better since they added the Millennium Flyers,in my opinion.
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM

That's good to hear. How does it compare to Lightning racer, as far as the overall experiance goes?

[Image: smurfmountain.jpg]