Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Snapping on the Flying Eagles. >:[
07-04-2009, 10:44 AM
No Snapping on the Flying Eagles. >:[
For some annoying reason the rides managers are now trying to change the rules so that it is "unsafe" to buck and snap the eagles while riding because it scares the little children and upsets parents. It made me so mad when they stopped the ride while I was on it yesterday to come "correct" my behavior. It's not a children's ride.... adults are allowed to ride it alone, but small kids need a chaperone. If your child is easily scared, you shouldn't take them on adult rides. In my opinion that's like telling people not to put their hands up on grizzly because it might cause a child behind them to be scared the tunnel will chop their arms off. It's not necessary.

So yeah, don't actually try to have fun on the ride anymore even though it's design allows you free control over your experience. KD is the ONLY park I've been to that makes a big deal about snapping on their flyers. Other parks like Knoebels actually PROMOTE it. Do the managers and parents really think that my 110 pound self could create enough forces to break those four steel cables? That's ignorant. I can't wait for the next ACE convention at the park.... what are they going to do? close the ride for the day?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then check this video out:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://capital2.capital.edu/admin-staff/dalthoff/adventures/pilots.html">http://capital2.capital.edu/admin-staff ... ilots.html</a><!-- m -->

There's even a fan site for people that love to pilot flyers:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flyeraddicts.com/">http://www.flyeraddicts.com/</a><!-- m -->

~as a side note, snapping the flyers is not officially against the rules yet so this is not illegal activity that I'm claiming that I do. Right now it just depends on which ride operator you get. Some love when people have fun and snap it and others will stop the ride. It would certainly ruin this ride if they change the rules. It is BUILT to be snapped.

[Image: rl_105377.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2009, 12:15 PM

If I EVER open an amusement park, I will have flyers, with a "How to snap" tutorial sign in the que Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2009, 02:57 PM

Yesterday I rode Flying Eagles ten times, and no workers said anything to me. The operators I had were Taylor, Ashley and Christopher. Maybe we should make a list of the nicer ones. :lol:

I do know when I was snapping yesterday that people in line were getting angry about the fact that I was scaring people, but I didn't see them as a reason to stop.

Currently Banned
07-04-2009, 07:40 PM

yeah, there's an international dude that stops it every time and one girl that does as well. I spoke to their supervisor and he said that one particular manager is now pushing to ban it because of all the angry parents complaining. That manager spoke to one of the department managers and he agreed that it was causing trouble with the all important parents who buy tons of useless stuff for their kids at the park. A couple weeks ago that sup was trying to get the associates to stop being so anal about it, but now he kinda has to act like it's a bad thing. I'll admit that parks make a lot more money off of parents with kids than single teenagers and 20 year olds.... but that's no reason to kill all of our fun with trying to make everything kid friendly.

07-04-2009, 08:42 PM

If KD is worried about scaring people, post a message near the ride or inside the ride saying something like "Riders may 'snap' their Eagles to add to the thrill of the ride. The noise, which can be rather loud, is normal, so please do not be frightened. Snapping an Eagle is quite safe and may add to the enjoyment of the ride for some riders. Please see an attendant with any questions. Ride on."
07-04-2009, 08:50 PM

^^I paid for my freakin' Platinum Pass, I should be able to do whatever the hell I want, as long as safety isn't being risked. We snappers should have the right to enjoy the ride just as much as anybody else, and if the park really does try to stop us from snapping, I'm going to call them on a regular basis and complain.

Currently Banned
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM

That video isn't working. Could someone take a vid for YT of them snapping and how to snap.
07-04-2009, 09:14 PM

^Yesterday I was thinking of doing that, I'll have to do that soon.

Anyways, here's how I snap. I'm not sure if there are other methods.

1. As the ride starts, slowly weave the rutter in and out.
2. As the ride picks up speed, turn the rutter so the part of the wing furthest from you is facing inward, toward the base of the ride. This means your hands are on your right side.
3. After doing step 2, you want to steady out the tub. Do this by keeping the rutter in the middle. If you did step 2 correctly, you should be lower then the other tubs.
4. When your tub starts picking up speed, immediately repeat step 2. Your tub will speed up very quickly, and cause the ride to snap.

It's very fun, but it takes some practice.

Currently Banned
07-05-2009, 11:13 AM

oh, crap... the video works for me. It runs with quicktime. Here's a video from when Anthony and I went up to knoebels for flyers...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Sjn5otYcI&feature=channel_page">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Sjn5ot ... annel_page</a><!-- m -->

look at 1:16, 1:40, I get a couple good snaps at 1:56 and again at 3:10

I can't wait to go back later this month :-D :-D

and I completely agree, Lake Charles Guy. It is not unsafe at all and does not endanger those little, fragile children that everyone is so worried about. Parents will always find something to complain about because their 2 year olds will always find something to scream about. I've seen more parents freaking out because they CAN'T put their kids on a scary ride due to height restrictions than complaining that the kids got scared because they WERE able to ride. They just need to get over it. It's like you're darned if you do and darned if you don't. (that sounds so silly without curse words, ugh) Can someone just build a place where kids aren't allowed? lol that would be heaven.

07-05-2009, 08:42 PM

Lake Charles Guy Wrote:^^I paid for my freakin' Platinum Pass, I should be able to do whatever the hell I want, as long as safety isn't being risked.

This justification is the same one people use for leaving litter, cutting in lines and letting their kids urinate in the bushes. Bottom line is, you don't make the rules, the park does. The ride was not designed to be ridden that way and if the park wants to make it against the rules, they have every right.

I'm not saying you shouldn't complain to try to get the rule changed, but get a better reason than "I paid for my freakin' Platinum Pass, I should be able to do whatever the hell I want". Because that just makes you seem like an immature person I wouldn't want at my park in the first place.

"Intimidator 305"
4/2/2010 - 5/9/2010
RIP... I was glad to have known you.
07-05-2009, 09:24 PM

Big_Al Wrote:
Lake Charles Guy Wrote:^^I paid for my freakin' Platinum Pass, I should be able to do whatever the hell I want, as long as safety isn't being risked.

This justification is the same one people use for leaving litter, cutting in lines and letting their kids urinate in the bushes. Bottom line is, you don't make the rules, the park does. The ride was not designed to be ridden that way and if the park wants to make it against the rules, they have every right.

I'm not saying you shouldn't complain to try to get the rule changed, but get a better reason than "I paid for my freakin' Platinum Pass, I should be able to do whatever the hell I want". Because that just makes you seem like an immature person I wouldn't want at my park in the first place.
Dude you just pwned Alex out he water! Sorry Alex but that's the truth. Actually, he's kinda right Alex. That was kinda far-fetched, don't you think? KD is a park, and we all need to follow any safety concerns they have for us. I respect KD 100% if they decide to ban snapping, even though I wouldn't be happy about it.
07-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:Can someone just build a place where kids aren't allowed? lol that would be heaven.

Aww what a sad thing to say.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM

im sorry i agree, sometimes it gets really annoying when parents just let tehre kids run free and misbehave. I think all parks should have like a 16 and up day. We were at SWO on friday, and in the line for manta there were these 3 12-14 year old girls and they were being just so obnoxious and pushing and shoving each other. My Grilfriend had to ask them to quiet down and then they gave her a buunch of lip about it saying they paid to be here and they could joke around if they wanted too. I think that sometimes it would be nice if there were less kids around

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
07-05-2009, 10:19 PM

technfxrick Wrote:im sorry i agree, sometimes it gets really annoying when parents just let tehre kids run free and misbehave. I think all parks should have like a 16 and up day. We were at SWO on friday, and in the line for manta there were these 3 12-14 year old girls and they were being just so obnoxious and pushing and shoving each other. My Grilfriend had to ask them to quiet down and then they gave her a buunch of lip about it saying they paid to be here and they could joke around if they wanted too. I think that sometimes it would be nice if there were less kids around

But not a whole park that doesn't allow kids. I think they need to have an age where a chaperone is required though. Honestly, I'd rather knock out the tween/teen crowd rather than kids - a good majority of them stay in the kids area.

I Have No Homeboy.
07-05-2009, 10:49 PM

calypso Wrote:Can someone just build a place where kids aren't allowed? lol that would be heaven.
being a kid myself I just lost all respect for you. you were a kid yourself once, and imagine if someone came up to you and said that they didn't want you around and that you weren't allowed where they were.