Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I know im really ahead. But lets start speculating about 2011. I can't see it being big, possibly nothing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2009, 10:05 PM

I dont think it will be a huge expense, maybe 1-3 Mil. I could see a waterpark expansion, or a rehabbed Kids Area. CP seems to be big into redoing there water parks lately my bets on that.

But with that said, id be happy with just a new bathroom added every 50 feet. Smile

[Image: rl_106236.jpg]

Coasters 101

Parks 36
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2009, 10:08 PM

technfxrick Wrote:I dont think it will be a huge expense, maybe 1-3 Mil. I could see a waterpark expansion, or a rehabbed Kids Area. CP seems to be big into redoing there water parks lately my bets on that.

But with that said, id be happy with just a new bathroom added every 50 feet. Smile

Is there a bathroom in the kids area at all? I wanted to go change my clothes on Friday and the closest one that I could find was Congo

I Have No Homeboy.
07-05-2009, 10:50 PM

KingsDominionGeek Wrote:
technfxrick Wrote:I dont think it will be a huge expense, maybe 1-3 Mil. I could see a waterpark expansion, or a rehabbed Kids Area. CP seems to be big into redoing there water parks lately my bets on that.

Is there a bathroom in the kids area at all? I wanted to go change my clothes on Friday and the closest one that I could find was Congo
yeah . . . its near the nick store. I was in line for anaconda friday and had to go pee really bad, so I had to leave the line, run as fast as I could to the bathroom and come back and get at the end of the line again. bathrooms are a problem
07-06-2009, 08:41 AM

^Well that would've happened even if there was one right there next to the entrance. But yeah bathrooms are in short supply in that part of the park. OVA only has one too.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...
07-06-2009, 09:01 AM

I think it will be cool, if they remove Shock Wave and replace it with a Maxair type ride... it would fit PERFECT!
07-06-2009, 09:22 AM

I would love to see a MaxAir type ride, but there are so many better places to put it. Old VA to start with, right in all that open space. Another option is in the congo where the Coke Cool zone is and have it swing over the lake. now that would be cool

Coasters 101

Parks 36
07-06-2009, 09:34 AM

kDfReAk Wrote:I think it will be cool, if they remove Shock Wave and replace it with a Maxair type ride... it would fit PERFECT!
That's a really good idea. It would help boost up the park's ailing flat ride collection.

I think we'll probably see a kids update. The kids need some more rides in Nick Central, which is mostly a bunch of blacktop.

Currently Banned
07-06-2009, 12:22 PM

I think we will see a kids area update, based on the fact Nick is 25% of all ready.

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM

I agree, it seems that all CF parks with nick are giving it away at 25% off

Coasters 101

Parks 36
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM

I would like a Water park expansion, but we need snoopy!
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM

My only reason for not thinking that KD will get a rethemed Kids area in 11 is because thats what SFA is getting in 10. Also if they have to lose Nick this year based on licensing they may just do a down and dirty (think Italian Job.... i mean Back lot Stunt coaster) Retheme, (think instead of Slime Zone, Water Dump with tubes, Space Surfer to Tall spining ride around Pole) Cedar Fair's Basic naming and then redo the whole Kids Areas in a couple of years.

Coasters 101

Parks 36
07-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Water park improvements including moving everything to one place behind Rebel Yell...........and the return of Lake Charles.
07-06-2009, 08:38 PM

wow, okay.... a little early for this thread, especially cause we're not even half over with Summer of '09, lol....

I'm thinkin either....
a) Water Park Expansion/Retheme
b) Nice big flat ride along the lines of MaxAir
c) Retheme of the kids area(s)

One of those is most likely. I'd be surprised if KD actually took a year off and didn't add anything. lol, isn't it kinda tradition that Kings Dominion adds something new EVERY SINGLE YEAR???
07-06-2009, 08:39 PM

super7 Wrote:Water park improvements including moving everything to one place behind Rebel Yell...........and the return of Lake Charles.

I wish they would put tornado back in the back and add A LIFT to carry up the rafts! It's in a funny place right now.

I Have No Homeboy.