Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Avalanche Topic
07-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Official Avalanche Topic
Im not sure if this topic has been brought up.
I know Avalance has had problems in the past year with it's trains, but I've noticed there are only 2 trains now vs 3 trains. Has anyone else noticed this?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2009, 09:40 AM

When were there ever 3 trains?

KDFansite Assistant General Manager
Owner & C.E.O of Baillie Design Studio
07-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Yeah, whatever happened to the train that had Canada in the front??? I always liked getting the Canada train - not sure why - but I always liked riding in that car. Currently they run the train with Germany as the front car and the other has the USA as the front car.

Whenever I go to the park, they have always just ran 2 trains, but they did have 3 because there was one in the work shop you go through when the ride is done. I don't see any trains in there now.
07-23-2009, 11:20 AM

actually, i think i remember there being 4 trains when it first opened. i could be wrong, though. there definitely used to be at least 3.
07-23-2009, 11:25 AM

Thats not good, they could always get more trains made if they wanted them, thats why I dont understand why it is such a problem to maintain the ride Mach is still in buisness and will still make parts for their old rides.

07-25-2009, 12:38 AM

Adventure Express at Kings Island lost it's 3rd train this season. And you can hardly notice a difference with the line. Is avalanche even that long of a ride where 3 trains are really needed? Sitting on a brake run defeats the purpose of the extra train.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2009, 09:12 AM

close Avalanche down and build a mine train. it's time for it to go
07-25-2009, 10:25 AM

I'd keep it, it's a great unique ride, and if you were to install a mine train it has to be a little themed.

07-25-2009, 11:23 AM

Panthers82 Wrote:close Avalanche down and build a mine train. it's time for it to go

i would perfer others to leave like hurler and shockwave! Smile they could build a mine coaster where hurler is and bring back some of the woods so grizzly is back to how it should be! it could go through the woods and go underground and thro tunnels and that... but i doubt that is gonna happen... i think once and if hurler goes... waterworks will be expanded over there with a new entrance to the waterpark! Smile
07-25-2009, 11:47 AM

TOPGUN1993 Wrote:Adventure Express at Kings Island lost it's 3rd train this season. And you can hardly notice a difference with the line. Is avalanche even that long of a ride where 3 trains are really needed? Sitting on a brake run defeats the purpose of the extra train.

I think they usually run 2 trains on Avalanche. It doesn't make sense to have 3 unless one is a spare and they rotate which ones are running. Avalanche has had a pretty long line (queue nearly full) both times that I've been on it this year... a lot of people do still like it.
08-15-2009, 03:17 PM

Was there a recent problem with loose articles at Avalanche because now when they are boarding the rides, part of the announcements are that you cannot wear a hat?

Speaking of hats, we were there yesterday and the ride op announced no hats. The ride op checking the restraints told a girl that she had to take off her hat. She refused. When the ride started, the ride op with the microphone told the girl she had to take off her hat. She refused. As the train was going up the hill, the guy with the microphone again told the girl to take off her hat, saying "The girl who is in the last car with the pink hat needs to remove her hat!!!!!" She didn't take the hat off - you could see she was still wearing it after the first turn. I'm not sure what happened as we were boarding the next train, but when our ride was finished, we did have to wait a bit in the workshop for the train in front of us, (she was in that one) so maybe something was done.
08-16-2009, 12:13 PM

HuaracheKid Wrote: Was there a recent problem with loose articles at Avalanche because now when they are boarding the rides, part of the announcements are that you cannot wear a hat?

Speaking of hats, we were there yesterday and the ride op announced no hats. The ride op checking the restraints told a girl that she had to take off her hat. She refused. When the ride started, the ride op with the microphone told the girl she had to take off her hat. She refused. As the train was going up the hill, the guy with the microphone again told the girl to take off her hat, saying "The girl who is in the last car with the pink hat needs to remove her hat!!!!!" She didn't take the hat off - you could see she was still wearing it after the first turn. I'm not sure what happened as we were boarding the next train, but when our ride was finished, we did have to wait a bit in the workshop for the train in front of us, (she was in that one) so maybe something was done.

Makes sense though...it's basically a "loose article" b/c hats can easily come off and hit someone in the face (which could def. hurt)

I Have No Homeboy.
08-16-2009, 03:29 PM

I don't have an issue with the no hat rule. I agree - it can become a loose article if it flies off and I bet getting hit with a hat would hurt. I've been on rides quite a few times where a person's hat flew off his/her head. I've also been in line several times and heard people whining to a ride op that his/her hat flew off while riding and can someone go get it? I mean come on - you're riding coasters that go 60+ MPH - the hat's not glued to your head so there is a chance you could lose it - sit on it, leave it with a non-rider or put it in a bin.
08-16-2009, 03:58 PM

I noticed that the Avalanche sign has been taken down. was that done recently or a long time ago?
08-19-2009, 01:15 AM

Last I saw the sign was there. It was moved from the entrance to the side of the station. There was a merchandise stand near the entrance few years ago and it partially blocked it so it was moved. Hasn't been moved back.