Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Avalanche Topic
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM

Last year one of the trains kind of collided with the side of the track, causing sparks to fly and scare the guests. The train that it happened to is now removed from the ride. I was told this by a former Avalanche operator who claims the park told them to shut up about it.

Currently Banned
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2009, 03:38 PM

Lake Charles Guy Wrote:Last year one of the trains kind of collided with the side of the track, causing sparks to fly and scare the guests. The train that it happened to is now removed from the ride. I was told this by a former Avalanche operator who claims the park told them to shut up about it.

I wonder what was different about that train than the others...different wear and tear?

I Have No Homeboy.
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM

^My operator friend who told me about this said there was something on the track I think, I think he said a stuffed animal that had been dropped on the track earlier.

Currently Banned
08-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Lake Charles Guy Wrote:^My operator friend who told me about this said there was something on the track I think, I think he said a stuffed animal that had been dropped on the track earlier.

They removed the train b/c of that? Odd.

I Have No Homeboy.
08-20-2009, 03:43 PM

^He was upset that it happened because they had been really trying to run 3 trains on it, and they finally were and then they had a little accident.

Currently Banned
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM

Lake Charles Guy Wrote:^He was upset that it happened because they had been really trying to run 3 trains on it, and they finally were and then they had a little accident.
Ah, I see!

I Have No Homeboy.
09-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Re: Official Avalanche Topic
Sorry for bringing up an old thread*

When I was there last month I saw 3 trains running as the train I was on was outside the storage shed. There was a train in the storage shed waiting to enter the station and the train in the station still loading. So I was quite surprised they have 3 trains again as I thought they didn't have any more parts by cannibalizing the 4th train.

It's a shame CP's Disaster transport is gone and not compatible with this ride. I just hope KD never gets rid of this ride. It's a fun ride and a good family coaster.
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
nyc_phil Wrote:Sorry for bringing up an old thread*

When I was there last month I saw 3 trains running as the train I was on was outside the storage shed. There was a train in the storage shed waiting to enter the station and the train in the station still loading. So I was quite surprised they have 3 trains again as I thought they didn't have any more parts by cannibalizing the 4th train.

It's a shame CP's Disaster transport is gone and not compatible with this ride. I just hope KD never gets rid of this ride. It's a fun ride and a good family coaster.

I think they only ever had 3 trains for Avalanche. I was pretty surprised to see all three running too, but they probably did it to give the ride some more capacity for Fast Lane - given that a lot of people (myself included) don't ride Avalanche with anyone else in their same car!

I'm redesigning all of the Coaster Crew Network sites throughout the spring. Please help me out by answering surveys and polls on our Coaster Crew Network News board!

My top steel coasters: 1. Top Thrill Dragster | 2. Manta (SWO) | 3. Montu | 4. SheiKra | 5. Volcano ... My top wooden coaster: El Toro (SFGAdv).
09-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I was told the ride originally had 4 trains and at this point the 4th one was long gone (probably all the parts used for the remaining ones). I don't remember if there were more than 2 trains runing back in my last visits in 2009 and 2010. So it seems like either this or last year they finally found enough parts for the 3rd train, which is great news. Yeah, I too will not share a ride with anyone in the same car.
09-07-2012, 09:14 AM
I have not seen three trains in a long time, glad to see they got the third one back.
09-07-2012, 09:26 AM
nyc_phil Wrote:I was told the ride originally had 4 trains and at this point the 4th one was long gone (probably all the parts used for the remaining ones). I don't remember if there were more than 2 trains runing back in my last visits in 2009 and 2010. So it seems like either this or last year they finally found enough parts for the 3rd train, which is great news. Yeah, I too will not share a ride with anyone in the same car.

i could have sworn they had 4 trains in its opening season, but that was a long time ago and i'd chalked it up to faulty memory. anyway, i agree that it's a fun and unique ride and i hope it sticks around!
09-08-2012, 12:35 AM
I believe I've heard there were once 4 trains as well.

I Have No Homeboy.
02-10-2013, 07:07 PM
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I believe I've heard there were once 4 trains as well.

Yeah i'm sure I have seen the forth train down under the station!

2011 Intimidator 305 Ride Operator
02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Smurf Mountain Wrote:
KingsDominionGeek Wrote:I believe I've heard there were once 4 trains as well.

Yeah i'm sure I have seen the forth train down under the station!
I swear every time I ride the ride I see a extra train under the station.

Drop Tower is my favorite flat ride!
Intimidator 305 is my favorite roller coaster!
These are my Kings Dominion favorites!

Coaster Count: 87
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
I couldn't believe it if someone said it only had 3. The amount of block sections on that ride is ridiculously high. It has to have had 4 at least at one point.

I'm just gonna say "Best Park Employee since 2009..."

The artist formerly known as The Situation, who was formerly known as Travis, who may go back to Travis...